ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mark-o-polo's 172 Cup

Evening,

Picked up this 2003 172 Cup in March. First foray into the world of Renault after owning a few VW's.

This is how it looked when I first got it;

DSCF2338.jpg

DSCF2337.jpg

I was initially looking for something relatively standard / oem and although this came with lenso bsx's and a powerflow exhaust/decat, it was a lot cleaner than a couple of others I looked at and had a full 12 months MOT.

I also managed to get the original 16" Turini's as part of the deal, although ,they were in pretty bad shape so my first job was to have those professionally powdercoated. It's hard to tell unless you're close up, but the finish has a slight metallic fleck in it.

Gave them a good coat of sealant before fitting

wheelseal.jpg

Then disaster struck. Hit some debris/rubble in the road and did this to my gearbox

gearbox.jpg

Managed to pick up a replacement cup gearbox locally after being let down by a couple of time wasters on e-bay. Also put a new clutch in at the same time, whilst the box was out.

newbox.jpg

The guy who sold me the box was stripping a 172 cup in mondial blue and knowing that my intention was to remove the aftermarket exhaust at some stage, I also took the uncut rear bumper from him.

I've also done the following since owning the car, although don't have any photo's;

-Standard exhaust fitted
- 172 interior fitted
- New plates with smaller front plate
- Fixed broken hazard switch and replaced jammed rear seatbelt
- Fitted 2 x Toyos

Here's the car as it stands

turini2.jpg

turini3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
Still got the rear bumper to swap over, oil coming this week so I can service it and got a few interior bits getting flocked tomorrow.
Other plans are to replace the damaged headlights/black headliner/aero wipers and generally keep it tidy & oem.

Yeah, the BSX's sold. Possibly gonna be putting the car up for sale due to a change in circumstances. Will get an ad in the classifieds but if anyone's potentially interested just drop me a PM for more details