ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

70 year old Renault sport enthusiast

172 Cup
So today went to Tricketts
Welding in Dorset(holten Heath) to get a bit on my exhaust welded. when I arrived I saw a really clean phase 1 which looked amazing apart from the England stickers in the windows. First thought was a young owner but an elderly lady came out the office after Paying (assumed was transporting the car for son/grandson) but no we got chatting about our cars and she knew a lot, even mentioned she was staying well away from the clio 200 turbo! Owned the car since new and only 50k miles and everything that's ever needed doing had been fixed straight away. She spoke like a young car enthusiast but at the age at 70 was amazing to experience!

SQ5
We've got a 70 year old woman with an R26.R around here that does hundreds of Trackdays at Snetterton!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
We've got a 70 year old woman with an R26.R around here that does hundreds of Trackdays at Snetterton!

There was a write up about that woman in the back of Evo, she used to own a V6 aswell and said it was a bit of a handful on the track lol.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
There was a write up about that woman in the back of Evo, she used to own a V6 aswell and said it was a bit of a handful on the track lol.

I was just thinking I saw a write up on her, think I read it online though. PH maybe?

An orange one
That is brilliant!

Remember reading about the other one in evo as well, cool grandma!

ITB BG 182
Sounds amazing but Tony Hunter is nearly that age, aint he? And hes a member on this forum too, double whammy! lol

megane 285 sport
my mate was telling me lastnight that he saw a old woman in 172 cup with aftermarket exhaust on, giving it the beans, well more that what you would normally see an old woman do, he said you could even see her getting her lean on in the bends. i did laugh

Clio 1.2
2 years ago at Rockingham FCS I was parked up on stand and two old guys pulled up with 2 lids in the back and leather driving gloves asking where the tunnel for the track is they had to have been at least 70 but I watched them going around the track and got to give it to him he wasn't waiting around. IIRC they were in a 172 cup :D