ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9's running off standard HU PROBLEM PLZ HELP

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hiya, i picked up some 6x9's the other day

there JBL 100watt rms and 300watt max i think

Anyway i have just fitted them in a nice stealth shelf i have made, routed all the wiring to a quick disconection block for if i need to take the parcel shelf out and solderd the wires to the terminals.

Now here is the problem - im running them off the standard head unit on a clio 172.

If i just plug in the right hand speaker the sound is good, nice bass and crisp notes

If i plug in the left speaker again the sound is good and crisp notes.

IF i plug them both in togeather (left and right runing) (as you are going to do) the bass is terrible, it dissapears and its more treble than anything else.

any reasons to why it does this ???? its enoying me, spent all day doing all of this :(

So it is my headunit not being powerfull enough to run them ?? this is why they are pathetic ??

Is it nothing to do with the wiring ? ive used quite thick speaker wires for the 6x9's however i joined them to the rear speaker wires which are VERY thin - In time i will run them straight from the head unit.

many thanks strom force

B

Brown.

jus get a better head unit, origonal ones a pants. if you put your head right between the two speakers dose the sound feel off? you might have one round the wrong way

Right i have th problem sorted.

Took my efforts to KandM Acoustics in wigan - the problem was that i had connected one speaker the wrong way round, so both speakers were oposing one another causing rubbish quality

I also bought a new Alpine head unit, its all fixed now, crisp sound and its beautiful :) lol