ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9 Problem

Right!

wiring up my 6x9s!

Got power cable, rca leads routed down car into amp.

got one 6x9 running perfectly the other only the tweeter and midrange bit will work, theres nothing from the cone.

Changed the 6x9s round and they both work.
Checked the connections all seems fine.

Whats the prob???????????

Come on Bryan, this is one for u!!!

Polo + Micra
so it all works fine now???

if not HPF set too high?? as with 6x9's you get a mid a tweeter and a super tweeter (usually)

This is hard to explain

right

ive had every thing wired up

left hand speaker
everything works fine

right hand speaker
only the tweeter and mid range works theres nothing from the cone.

I then put the right hand speaker on to left haand wires, the cone works

so there seems to be something wrong with the right and wires!!!!!!!

could you do a diagram of how you wired everything from your head unit?

could be a number of possible reasons, colours of cables would be helpful too

Here you go

Attachments

• wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 31
right, what i meant was, which channels of the amp the speaker cables are connected to, which of the pre-outs on the head unit the interconnects are connected to, and which connection of the amp they interconnects go into, use of any rca splitters.

the diagram above, no offence intended, couldn't give the best instalation engineers in the world a clue

but it des seem you're running the interconnects down the same side of the car as the power cable, which is never going to be good for the system

the man from del monté still hasn't said yes

is this diagram coming, or are we going to have to put names into a hat and find the correct answer?