ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 x 9’s very quiet

have some 6 x 9s running off headunit, just used the standard wires used for the standard rear renault speakers, but they seem very quiet compared to over peoples 6 x 9s. just wondering if he would be the wiring or any other ideas?

Clio 197

Unless you have an extremely powerful h/u, they wont sound that good/loud... Try an Amp:devilish:

What h/u are you runnnig?

Also, try the "loud" setting in the menu somewhere...

Im no expert, just some ideas for ya.

silver valver/hybrid

yeah the head unit will not be giving out a great deal of power would be better getting an anp for them

get an amp and some quality wiring. No headunit will get your 6x9s sounding loud. the wiring has to be gud so u can throw more power at the speakers and then they will be louder especially wi a nice 4 channel amp which you can wire your door/dash speakers to then :)

just been offered a small amp, its only 100w rms, my 6 x 9s are some pioneers, 220watt each i believe but that would be max? Would i need something a little more powerful that 100rms as the headunit would be giving around that surely? 50 to each 6 x 9?

no, your head unti will put out about 20 rms each channel top i would say, (the 4x50 is max rating, it woudnt actuially do that)

50x2rms amp would do nicely for a set of those probably, but it would be better to get a set of components for the front and use the amp to amp those rather than the 6*9s