ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6" Speakers in the REAR!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
basically ...can it be done using the existing rear speaker locations?? i know all about putting bigger speakers in the front and how to go about it but i wondered if it was possible to do something similar in the rear? i know a lot of people say the rears are useless and aren't necessary but i disagree! i like my sound stage to include the rears to fill that 'void' behind me but i now want to upgrade them to something with more power and clarity!!

was thinking about some 6" coaxials with a pivoting tweeter mount to angle/direct the sound more precisely. already got my eye on a few that i like but i dont mind settling for the 13cm equivelant if its not really possible or too much faffin about is involved! also would like to sound proof the rears like i have in the front! these will be run (along with the fronts) from a 4x100 rms amp so plenty of power for them!

if anyone has done this before or has any advice about this then i would very much appreciate knowing how to do it and see any pics if possible!

thanks guys

Renshaw

Works...kind of...
There shouldn't be a 'void' behind you if you have a decent set of amped components up front.

My OZ Vectors are only getting 50w a piece and they fill the internal space perfectly.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
There shouldn't be a 'void' behind you if you have a decent set of amped components up front.

My OZ Vectors are only getting 50w a piece and they fill the internal space perfectly.

don't get me wrong mate but there is a big difference when u turn the rears right down or off! i just prefer the sound when the balance of the fade is set between 5/8 or 3/4 towards the fronts. the front speakers themselves are fine and sound awesome one their own but its just my personal preference.

Renshaw

Focus RS Mk1
agree with you chap, currently im on std speaker with pioneer HU, i have the fade set about half way to the front, but i like the rear with a little bit on.

mainly cause the standard speakers are kak, but i think it adds to the whole sound. quite impressed with the stds to be honest

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I'm guessing that you've replaced your front speakers?

Are there any speakers in the back of yours at all, or is the space empty?

If it's empty, why don't you just put the front ones that you've taken out into the back, they should work fine as a filler, and will save you a bit of cash.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I'm guessing that you've replaced your front speakers?

Are there any speakers in the back of yours at all, or is the space empty?

If it's empty, why don't you just put the front ones that you've taken out into the back, they should work fine as a filler, and will save you a bit of cash.

no mate i've already got some uprated 5 1/4" speakers in the rear. just wondered if it was at all possible to replace them with bigger 6.5" ones or if it be more benificial to replace them with a better quality small set?!

Renshaw

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You do need to cut away a fair bit of plastic and then make up mdf adapters that take up most of the flat space of the doorcard!

TBH brutally honest I wouldn't (and havent) done it again. Id just buy better 5.25" 2ways instead. I only did it cos I had the 6.5" lying around going to waste.