ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 months with a V8 M3

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nothing looks as bad as an M3 vert. Hateful cars.

Not a 320d
Want. But don't want to lose the soft top on mine... any ideas on how good the CC version is?!

Non M cars suffer from scuttle shake like you wouldnt believe. PH seem to think the Z4M is a sharper tool than the e9* M3 as well.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
lO
So I've had the car for 6 months now,

Still loving this car so much as it does everything so well. Plans are some Comp Pack wheels in silver hopefully next month along with the new rear tyres, then it needs a bit of paintwork annoyingly, front bumper is pretty badly stone chipped and also 2 big ones on the bonnet. And got reversed into so the back needs a going over as well, but not in a huge rush.
Is a lovey car, you must be chuffed, I do love Beemers and I know what you mean as they are such a great drivers car. Fuel is a bit of a bummer but least it is quite cheap at the moment. Not sure if you have the efficient dynamics on yours but on a cold morning doing a school run of approx 3-4 miles you might be getting 6-9 mpg (thats what i get!), so watch those short journeys! A good friend of mine has one of the last v8's and really enjoys it but is struggling with the pram and car seats (he has the convertible one). I have the latest model M5 which is so nice to drive and has some great gadgets.....however it is a bit on the quiet side and does not have the fun exhaust note that i have noticed some M3's have. it has the new 4.4 v8 twin turbo and the power is just effortless and endless (560hp) and really enjoyable. I will be booking up the Silverstone GP track day this summer so looking forward to that. Did one last year and did 235 miles in an open pit lane day. Have fun
not sure how this post will look with the quotes and all that as is my first reply post

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
lO

Is a lovey car, you must be chuffed, I do love Beemers and I know what you mean as they are such a great drivers car. Fuel is a bit of a bummer but least it is quite cheap at the moment. Not sure if you have the efficient dynamics on yours but on a cold morning doing a school run of approx 3-4 miles you might be getting 6-9 mpg (thats what i get!), so watch those short journeys! A good friend of mine has one of the last v8's and really enjoys it but is struggling with the pram and car seats (he has the convertible one). I have the latest model M5 which is so nice to drive and has some great gadgets.....however it is a bit on the quiet side and does not have the fun exhaust note that i have noticed some M3's have. it has the new 4.4 v8 twin turbo and the power is just effortless and endless (560hp) and really enjoyable. I will be booking up the Silverstone GP track day this summer so looking forward to that. Did one last year and did 235 miles in an open pit lane day. Have fun
not sure how this post will look with the quotes and all that as is my first reply post

I only work 4 miles from work so it's horrific through the week, and to be honest anytime it's warm it gets some right foot which is why the tyres have only lasted 4k on the rear.
M5 sounds awesome, would love one but way out of my budget at the minute, follow a black one to work the odd time and they look amazing, get some pics up!

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I only work 4 miles from work so it's horrific through the week, and to be honest anytime it's warm it gets some right foot which is why the tyres have only lasted 4k on the rear.
M5 sounds awesome, would love one but way out of my budget at the minute, follow a black one to work the odd time and they look amazing, get some pics up!
ok here goes....not sure if this will work
m5 front side.jpg
m5 rear.jpg

seems a bit odd posting pics of my beemer on a clio forum

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
M5, bike, you'll do well here.
A true petrol head for sure. but.....I am really excited about getting my hands on my new (old) 172 cup and getting on the track, I have been itching to get one for the past 4+ years

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ok here goes....not sure if this will work
View attachment 154148 View attachment 154149

seems a bit odd posting pics of my beemer on a clio forum
Car looks superb, I was lucky enough to detail a sub 1k mile M5 no so long ago, thread is in here somewhere.

Oh and don't worry, no one owns a Clio on here anymore and if they do it's the same as your ownership.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I went for 19s because i wanted a comfy ride and it is pretty good in comfy mode....keeps the mrs happy ;-)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
They are fab bikes. I think you will be chuffed to bits....are u getting a 2016 bike?

Afraid not mate, mines a 61 plate on 5750 miles.

C52D16E6-F8C7-4CD3-A0A9-844185C3032F_zpsmsrjzfpn.jpg

You're like a better version of me, fast BMW car & bike haha!
Love the motorsport colours, was my preference but they are pretty rare in grey and is immaculate in fairness.

Any tips for the bike?

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Looks really nice and great condition..Akra. Tail tidy which it might have already. Dump tyres for new if more that 40%worn. Bobbins. There is a lot of cheap plastic compared to my rsv factory which is a shame but I have kept mine pretty standard otherwise.

My k1600gt is the white or grey colour and is a great colour. Also check with bmw if the recalls have been done....switchgear was all changed out as I remember.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Thanks.
I think it's fine. I don't know how it can be so different. It's not like it's ever going to be a 520d se. lol.

I just think the 20's are what helps the M5 stand out.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks really nice and great condition..Akra. Tail tidy which it might have already. Dump tyres for new if more that 40%worn. Bobbins. There is a lot of cheap plastic compared to my rsv factory which is a shame but I have kept mine pretty standard otherwise.

My k1600gt is the white or grey colour and is a great colour. Also check with bmw if the recalls have been done....switchgear was all changed out as I remember.

Yeah has a tail tidy and brand new BT016's. Can will be the first thing I do, then fancy a few carbon bits too. All in good time though!