ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5x Zymol Carbon: Beady goodness.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
After the correction at the weekend it's had a layer of Amigo by DA, Zaino Z2 all over and I applied the fifth coat of Carbon to it on Tuesday night.

All the glass was treated with G1. Three coats on the front screen, one coat to all the other glass. I don't even need the wipers now.

It was almost a shame to drive it. lol.

Apologies for the phone pictures. :eek:

1c0eaebe.jpg

211aa3be.jpg

369f2181.jpg

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Nice Chris.

Is G1 a fussy bugger to apply a la C1 or can mere mortals use it with no problems?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's a fussy bugger. lol.

As long as you apply the G2 (to remove it) and buff it off very quickly, then it's fine. Ideally you need two people; one applies G2, the other buffs like a maniac.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Sounds more like my thing James.

Can't see G1 being my kind of thing as I have (a) no friend to help me and (b) I prefer to not exhaust my arm "buffing like a maniac" and save my energy for other pastimes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Me and Craig (Gtechniq's detailer) applied it we did 3 coats, 1 on top of the other... left for 15 minutes then removed with G2.

G1 is fussy, I would have struggled without Craig showing me how. Same with C1 I suppose.

Zymol beading awesomeness!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've done 2x full cars including 3 layers on the screens and I still have probably enough of my G1/G2 kit to do another 1 1/2 cars.

For ease of use and performance it is hard to rule out G5 (new G3)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
AG Vinyl & Rubber Care. Nothing fancy.

Seems to be working well though, eh!

Recommend me an alternative?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
revive is another great product, but I'd consider trying to find it 2nd hand as you will use very little but I guess a small bottle is pretty cheap anyway

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I managed three coats in one day. lol.

I work from home so another coat's doable in my lunch break. :eek: