ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5ive HD

dk

911 GTS Cab
coming the sky in the summer, lots of programmes apparently, they do have a lot of stuff which is broadcast in HD in the US.

no word on it on other platforms except theres been a falling out with them and Ofcom over when it would be launching on freeview, as they wouldn't commit to a launch date they've denied it entry until at least 2012 now.

other HD channels launching soon on sky are sports 4, itv, sky news and hallmark, they are aiming to have 50 channels by xmas. think this lot will make it 42.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Cool, I would still want more channels in HD for the money sky charge.
45 Hd channels is more than freeview sd has isn't it, I'd say that's a he'll of a lot, most of what I watch on tv is in HD now, there's not enough hours in the day, all the sport, all the movies, Documentaries, so much HD, there's actually not many more channels that could be made HD IMO, as 5 makes all the terrestrial channels HD.

2014 Focus Titanium
dk said:
Cool, I would still want more channels in HD for the money sky charge.
45 Hd channels is more than freeview sd has isn't it, I'd say that's a he'll of a lot, most of what I watch on tv is in HD now, there's not enough hours in the day, all the sport, all the movies, Documentaries, so much HD, there's actually not many more channels that could be made HD IMO, as 5 makes all the terrestrial channels HD.

Agreed entirely, £10 or HD is fine, if not great value!

^ Aye much cheeper than a blueray player and loads of discs.

Well, thats how I justify the £62 p/m

RIP Dan
Ch 5 and 4 aint looking too hot at the mo, lucky if you get this tbh.

Both are downsizing and in the s**t a bit.

dk

911 GTS Cab
4's already in HD though, 2 channels, 4 and E4.

If they already have the programmes in HD (which they do) then I can't see it costing a great deal, it's not as if they need to start filming in HD, all the programmes they buy in are already in HD including neighbours and H&A

RIP Dan
I will have a think where I read it David and post back. Perhaps it was Film4 but pretty sure Ch5 are not looking too good. I hope they both make it and get on to Freesat tbh, the more the better for free.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I will have a think where I read it David and post back. Perhaps it was Film4 but pretty sure Ch5 are not looking too good. I hope they both make it and get on to Freesat tbh, the more the better for free.
ah yes, film 4 is due to go HD in the summer.

5ive missed the deadline for freeview so won't be on until at least after 2012 as they wouldn't commit to a launch date, might be something to do with what you are saying.

RIP Dan
Bloody typical I cant find where the hell I was reading it.

Fingers crossed for it though.

I love my 0.75 HD channels

Would be nice to have more.

SLK250 CDI
Just needs BBC1 and 2 simulcast in HD, PITA going all the way to BBC HD just to see if what you want to record is being shown in HD as well. Either that, or Sky need to make it easier to identify shows in the EPG on BBC 1/2 that are also on BBC HD.