ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5d & 50mm f1.8

Italian 3.2 V6
Ino Iv been going on about getting a 6d but due to funds it's not possible right now, can't justify having that much money tied up in a camera at this time but not having a camera is killing me..

So Iv been debating what to do.. And Iv finally come to what seems like the best idea for now.. Gona go old school ff on a budget after all it's better than an iPhone!

Original 5d and the old 50mm f1.8 - hopefully this setup will keep me happy for a good while and il just get a decent collection on lens's over time.

Anyone shot with this setup? Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Cheers

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The 50mm 1.8 looks great even when it's hooked up to my ancient 500D, it's a fantastic lens although you obviously are limited with it being a fixed focal length.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
It's not called a 5D classic for no reason. Get it and don't look back!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've been toying with the idea of going for a 5mk2 instead of a 6 as they are similar price. I just dont like the fact that I'll have to spend a load on CF cards when I have a ton of SD cards for my 550 which would work on the 6. Not the best reasons I know. There's also the warranty, being new etc and the deals you can get with the 24-105 f4.

When I do go FF, I'll be keeping my 50 1.8 until I can afford an upgrade.

I think you should go for it. Like you say, it's got to be better than the iPhone

Italian 3.2 V6
Aaron I'd stick with the opting for 6d if I were in your position tbh..

Yea I don't mind it being a fixed lens I can work with that for the majority of what I shoot so it's ok, especially on a FF, I used to own one on my old 1000d crop and coped 70% of the time so on a FF itl be a breeze I think.

I mean I was looking back at my photos from when I owned a 1000d and 50 1.8 and Tbf the IQ is pretty awesome and that's on a crop, never mind the 5d which also has far better colour depth..

Few examples of old images with 1000d & 50 1.8
8362879492_7c033223fe_c.jpg
Fire Place
by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

7272826360_08e072aa51_c.jpg
Col's V6

9086600017_80c7df8158_c.jpg
Sunset

9106666137_ab93630dff_c.jpg
Untitled