ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

55 plate 182 and knocking noise

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hi all

Sitting at the lights this morning and noticed how much my car sounded like a tractor. There is a tapping noise when the car is just sitting there ticking over which comes and goes. I noticed this a while back after an oil change at Renault Wolverhampton but when I asked them the car didn't do what I was trying to explain.

Anyone experienced this or suggest what it could be as it's going in for it's 1st service next week and I would like it sorted.

Thanks.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It's normal.

It is to do with the carbon canister. I think gets rid of fuel vapour or something like that on tick over.

If you get it replaced it may get quieter, mine did.

172 Cup
It's normal.

It is to do with the carbon canister. I think gets rid of fuel vapour or something like that on tick over.

If you get it replaced it may get quieter, mine did.

thank god for that :D

mine has been doing the same, it only has 29k on the clock and been regularly serviced and had oil changes above what it should have had... i was begining to panick for a ew days when i first heard it

Clio 197
Hi all

Sitting at the lights this morning and noticed how much my car sounded like a tractor. There is a tapping noise when the car is just sitting there ticking over which comes and goes. I noticed this a while back after an oil change at Renault Wolverhampton but when I asked them the car didn't do what I was trying to explain.

Anyone experienced this or suggest what it could be as it's going in for it's 1st service next week and I would like it sorted.

Thanks.

Also check all the plugs are ok - mine had a habit of spitting them out on cylinder 3.