ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'55 plate 172? :S

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I found a 55 plate 172 at a garage near me, it doesn't have cruise control or the other controls on the steering wheel either, it has Traction control though, am i to assume it was sat somewhere in a storage yard for 2-3 years prior to being registered?!

Last edited:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Its deffo a 172 as i asked and had a good look round it. I am assuming that like FudGe said, its been sat doing nothing then registered late. Its priced quite expensive since its a 55 plate, but really its not a newer car so shouldn't be priced as such.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is it black ?

Silver.

Found a pic:

YH55NRE_2.jpg

Lee

BMW M2C
There was one for sale by me a while back. Similar plate yet still a 172.

It's like Strombas Williams. Thrashed for years by journos on track, before they finally registered it for the road on a P plate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! There's something you don't see evveryday!

S3, Polo
I too think they're dreaming.

Still, there will be some mug out there that snaps it up thinking they've bagged a 182!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Very rare , but for that money i'd go for a 182 .

First registered on the 10/10/2005 .

Last edited:
  RB 182
Is it just me or does this car ring a bell? Seem to remember it being on ebay a few years back, iirc it got damaged being delivered to the dealer, and so didnt get registered. It was listed as a brand new unregistered 172, and wanted a few things doing to it still to get it back on the road. Seem to remember there being no screen, and bits of filler all over it
So i presume, if im right, this will be on the register? Or will it not because it wasn't registered?
Im pretty sure im right