ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50mpg from my 182!

good stuff pep.....:)

its deffo doable folks, lil blondie was averaging 54 mpg on the was to trax this year, sitting at 60!:)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mines at 37. I drive it sensibly most of the time, as the majority of the time Im driving, its dark and wet!! And as Im not 100% used to the car, I dont want to 'play' in those conditions.
Im at half a tank now, and Ive done 180ish miles :)
You have some incredible roads on your doorstep, go from Tewks to Eastnor Castle to Malvern and back. :race:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
EXACTLY. Could not have put it better.

I agree too, only reason for driving slow was i had an hour to lose, why drive there at 90mph and sit around bored, so just made the journey last longer.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Time is the most valuable commodity in the world and it cannot be replaced.

Balls to £1.27 in saved fuel.

Good work though.

I do see what ya mean, But i drive 50 miles a day in my 182 (50mph speed limits), and raging it loads means more trips to the petrol station. Over the year I'l save lots of money and they i can blow it on a trip to the Ring :)
Well half a trip to the ring lol

200 cup & 106 GTi
I get 40mpg regularly, measured. Can get 45 over a tank but real hard work. Had 55 odd over 20 miles after filling up, but that was an extraordinary run back.

Good effort :D

Clio 182 with Cup packs
Beginning to think mine is too. Was averaging 28mpg over the last 6500+ miles but the missus has been driving it for the last 3 weeks and it's nudged into the 29s. Perhaps I need to start thinking about the environment a bit more or something !

172 ph1
when people on cliosport refer to mpg, is that using UK gallons (4.546 litres) or US gallons (3.785 litres)?

I'm usually around 6.5~7.5 litres per 100km

ITB BG 182
I believe ya joe. I used to get 45-50mpg doing 60mph on long journeys. Now all i get is 25 around town and 32 on long journeys doir between 60 and 70 mph

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
People with rubbish MPG should change the pre cat lambda sensor, mine was gone and only got 28mpg on a steady 70 mile run on thursday. Changed it now and I'm getting 33mpg around town.

Polo + Micra
one word

Tailgating?

works like a charm got well over 55mpg in my 1.6 clio on a trip from jct 26 to jct 49 of the m4 and back again lol

S1 16v 106 Rallye
I average 32-32 in my 172 - work trips and evenings/weekend. If I was doing just work trips i'd get about 35-37 but then it gets knocked back down to 32 by the end of the week because of weekend fun and evenings. I could probably get about 38ish to and from work if I really drove like a *****.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I get between 35 and 39mpg. That is on MY calculations at each fill not the trip which from my results does over-read.

Titanium 182
People are getting really low MPG on here! My 172 returns 35+ (usually 38mpg) averagely with a spirited driving style, and today on my way to and from work I managed to get an average of 52mpg over the 30 mile around trip.

Best I've had it reading so far is 96.7mpg (my friend took a picture actually! I'll try and dig it out)... it was cheating though, I reset as I was going down a hill and we took the picture as it leveled out! lol

i get about 30 mpg driving to work and colledge but thats mainly in traffic, alot of stop starting, but on the motorway if i drive carefully i can easy get 50+ mpg, reset the mpg computer rolling down a slip road and it came up with 90something mpg then i accelerated gently and it dropped to about 50 again :D.

Ph1
My top record is also 54 mpg at 60mph exactly the same as someone previously posted on a fairly modded N/A engine (cams, inlets, head work, etc etc)

Returned a average of 43mpg sitting at a pretty constant 80 mph last night on the private runway.

320d
I can get 55-57mpg on the motorway at a steady 50 and thats in a 1.2.

There realy isn't much difference in fuel economy in the clio range unless its a Vee or a dci.

Scirocco GT 210
Best I've had it reading so far is 96.7mpg (my friend took a picture actually! I'll try and dig it out)... it was cheating though, I reset as I was going down a hill and we took the picture as it leveled out! lol

reset the mpg computer rolling down a slip road and it came up with 90something mpg then i accelerated gently and it dropped to about 50 again :D.

If you're going to cheat, at least do it properly. :approve: :eek:

99.jpg

The next screen, which tells you how many miles you have left before you run out of fuel read 3,000 miles. lol Only had about half a tank left too. :clown:

I cant get mine over 44mpg no matter how I drive it on a long run.

It only drops to 41 when tanking it 80+

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
mine always read high.... used to say i was doing 36 when giving it the beans 43 at 70 on the motorway.... the display lies.... work out how many miles you do to a full tank.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
1.6 16V AND I GET LIKE 27-31MPG,I SEEM TO FIND THAT BETWEEN 60 AND 70 IS BETTER THAN SITTING AT 50??
CAR HAS CAT BACK S/S WITH STANDARD AIRBOX,

renault clio sport172
i remember going to birmingham and back which is 120 miles eachway for 25quid so 12.50 each way cant be bad?