ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4K TV's

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@SharkyUK

You seem quite knowledgeable when it comes to TVs, I’m looking at getting this one http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-OLED55C7V

Would it be suitable for gaming compared to regular LED TVs as there seems to be pretty decent discounts on this set at the moment.

Matt - to cut a long story short, for the price you can get one of those OLED sets, you can't really get any better. Thumbs up!
It supports Dolby Vision out-of-the-box (this is a good thing) and has low input lag (which is great for gaming). It can't quite compete with premium LCD in terms of brightness and colour range / gamut but given the stunning quality for a 'cheaper' OLED (not that it is cheap!) it's not a problem. If you look around the 'Net you will find many glowing reviews for it :smile:

EDIT: It would be a shame to use this just for gaming... it's pretty impressive for movies, too.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Matt - to cut a long story short, for the price you can get one of those OLED sets, you can't really get any better. Thumbs up!
It supports Dolby Vision out-of-the-box (this is a good thing) and has low input lag (which is great for gaming). It can't quite compete with premium LCD in terms of brightness and colour range / gamut but given the stunning quality for a 'cheaper' OLED (not that it is cheap!) it's not a problem. If you look around the 'Net you will find many glowing reviews for it :smile:

EDIT: It would be a shame to use this just for gaming... it's pretty impressive for movies, too.

Good job I have got Sky Q being installed next month and I think I have got access to Netflix 4K too. :up:

Cheers for the advice, I believe that even though this is the base OLED they use the same panel in the top end units too, perhaps with different hardware pushing it. Hopefully more £££ will come off the price within the next few weeks with the Black Friday sales n’ all!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport

All current 2017 OLED tv's use the same panel which you guessed it is made by LG!
They only differ I the picture processing and looks and speaker setups. The B7 is a steal at the moment, £1500 and all you need!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
IMG_7023.PNG

I've heard that Richard sound will price match and 'may' honour it with a 5/6 year guarantee

Where's it for £1500 @Detail Chris ? I've only seen it for £1699.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I am looking at the LG 55UJ634V seen it at £550 for 55" in an early black Friday deal and seems hard to resist at that price.

Thing is I sit 11ft from the TV currently have a 48" 1080p. I've read a few times that the benefits of 4k are hard to notice at a distance.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Depending on the source they're hard to notice full stop to be honest.

It's certainly got better, but really to get the most out of it you need to consider 4K BluRay discs.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Even upscalling though. My LG TV looks nothing like my mums Sony 4k whilst watching HD football etc. I know the panels make a massive difference but you're buying better panels with age and 4k upscalling to help content.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Even upscalling though. My LG TV looks nothing like my mums Sony 4k whilst watching HD football etc. I know the panels make a massive difference but you're buying better panels with age and 4k upscalling to help content.
Which was better, the LG or Sony?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Sony is head and shoulders. My point is the 4k part is unimportant to a point as the content has to be 4k. But he upscaling and panel quality will also make a difference with new TV. Her TV is newer than mine also but my point stands.

I'm actually not sure what to buy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Talk to me. What's the best TV to buy under a grand 55"+.

Is older better than a 4k ultra HD hdr TV? I thought her was now quite important but oled is still expensive.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at the oled earlier and it looked pretty amazing. £1k more than the others I'm looking though but it's tempting.

I am keeping my eye on these see if they drop anymore on Friday. I'm swinging towards the 58" although not quite as good as the 55" the difference wasnt noticeable in store to my eyes anyway.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...art-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-tv-10160548-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...mart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10170184-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...mart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10161687-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...mart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10160550-pdt.html

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
How do you calibrate a tv?

AV forums usually have a massive list of TV's and their respective picture settings, it's just a matter of finding your model and inputting the settings into your TV.

I did it on my TV a few years ago after just using the default settings and it made a massive difference. Also if you have an xbox one, there is a menu where it helps you calibrate your TV.

Or as I found out yesterday you can pay someone a few hundred quid to do it for you.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
TVs always look so small in pictures! What size is that one mate?
Yeah - it does look small in the photo, but it's actually 65" and the top edge of the tv is about level with my shoulders!

@SharkyUK what made you go for curved instead of flat?
There were 5 main reasons really mate.
  • We get a lot of natural light through the house and it handles the reflections nicely through daytime hours.
  • There is only my good lady and I - hence we don't need a wide-angle, etc. and can sit smack bang in the TV's sweet spot.
  • I personally find the slight curve a little more immersive and easier on the eye - good for gaming.
  • I'm used to working with large 4k monitors which are also curved and have grown to prefer them.
  • My missus actually preferred the curved to the flat when we compared them side-by-side in-store.
Had out seating position been a foot or two further back then I would have gone flat I think but the curve is spot on for where we sit on the sofa :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
From the picture the curve on that TV doesn't look at big as other sets I've seen on display??

Are some more angled than others?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe how small a 65" TV can look in a picture! My uncles curved sammy is 65" and it's mental in person! He has similar massive walls like my house so at least I know it won't look out of place!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
From the picture the curve on that TV doesn't look at big as other sets I've seen on display??

Are some more angled than others?
Yes mate - you can get different curve profiles (4200R, 4600R, 5000R, ...) They can vary between manufacturer but tend to conform to the same 'R' values across sets of the same (or similar) sizes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up ordering the OLED one I linked above as it had 10% off code. Should be delivered tomorrow, Christmas has come early 😂

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, spotted it when I was on the curry’s site.

There's a chance it will go cheaper but Argos is same offer an all out of stock already so I decided to jump on it now and they'll honor the price for 7 days anyway.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Damn missed that one, richer sounds won’t honour the price match either as Peter Tyson have non in stock.

997.1, Caddy, e208
The site has been updated with this, hope you beat the cut off.
LG Cashback promotion. Superb offer! save another £1000.00. You pay £1499.00 - use code BLACKFRIDAY1000 at Checkout. Due to the overwhelming success of this offer, the first batch of stock has been sold. Our next delivery date is approx 30th November. Priority pre-orders welcome.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071PCH5S4/?tag=cliospnet01-21
I just ordered this yesterday. Good savings to be had out there.