ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

479 mile PH2 V6.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Them seats though - so fresh!

If you had the money, were a collector and liked eccentric stuff you'd buy it - you're not going to lose money on it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If he gets that, thats a nice 7% a year increase on his dolla. Better than the bank.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re charging £60k it would have been nice of them to get the 13 year old cambelt changed first

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet it's still got the 13 year old Michelin's fitted to it...

Not a problem however, as I'm sure whoever buys it won't drive it either. Shame really ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Engine out job ain't it?

I think it can be done in situ but it's tight! Much easier to drop the engine. Pricey job though so I would want that changed if I was buying it (need an extra £60k first though)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I doubt if you’re spending 60k on a Clio that a cambelt and some new wheels will be a big problem.

It’s a one off motor really. I honestly don’t think it’s hit it’s ceiling either, I reckon these could hit 100k in a few more years.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
I doubt if you’re spending 60k on a Clio that a cambelt and some new wheels will be a big problem.

It’s a one off motor really. I honestly don’t think it’s hit it’s ceiling either, I reckon these could hit 100k in a few more years.

Totally agree. When will a car like that ever be built again....never.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d

Totally agree. When will a car like that ever be built again....never.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by how things are heading, I wouldn’t be surprised if cars like this will be outlawed in 5-10 years due to high emissions. Then it’ll be worth peanuts!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They probably said the same thing 30 years ago

They did, but back then we didn’t have the technology to back it up. Now there are low or zero emission alternatives, so high emitting cars like this are seen as the enemy. While we have brexited, we still seem to have latched on to tight EU laws on emissions.

Unfortunately the Clio V6 is still too new for classic car status too, so it might not be given the same allowances. Lovely car don’t get me wrong, but it might not be the investment people think it is.

Reactions: GiT

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Porsche continue to build & market highly modified VW Beetles.

Cars should be driven, not stored in a room with a vacuum tent.

After to some extent but these are special limited edition collector cars. They’re cars that are investments and not viewed as a mode of transport. You can get sentimental about it or you can revel in the fact that you’ve doubled your money.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
I would happily buy a car and not drive it, even considered it not to long ago for a ph1 v6. Garage genuinely wasn’t wide enough to take one! An investment is an investment.

Reactions: GiT

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shit little Yaris...
They did, but back then we didn’t have the technology to back it up. Now there are low or zero emission alternatives, so high emitting cars like this are seen as the enemy. While we have brexited, we still seem to have latched on to tight EU laws on emissions.

Unfortunately the Clio V6 is still too new for classic car status too, so it might not be given the same allowances. Lovely car don’t get me wrong, but it might not be the investment people think it is.

Except 20 years in a garage, kept in pristine condition will see a huge value increase.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Subaru, arctic 182FF
Surprise surprise it sold.
Obvious really. Lets just imagine you won the euro lottery last week you wouldnt think twice about buying it.
There are A LOT of people with enough disposable income to consider this peanuts. And if those people are petrol heads of course they will buy this.
Hell if it was me with that sort of cash lying around i would buy it have it refreshed and drive the nuts off it without evwn considering the miles

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Surprise surprise it sold.
Obvious really. Lets just imagine you won the euro lottery last week you wouldnt think twice about buying it.
There are A LOT of people with enough disposable income to consider this peanuts. And if those people are petrol heads of course they will buy this.
Hell if it was me with that sort of cash lying around i would buy it have it refreshed and drive the nuts off it without evwn considering the miles

Why wouldn't you just buy a maintained one with a few more miles on, in a good colour?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  440i + 182
Judging by how things are heading, I wouldn’t be surprised if cars like this will be outlawed in 5-10 years due to high emissions. Then it’ll be worth peanuts!

I really doubt that tbh and it still wouldn’t be worth peanuts if so, do you really think the new owner of this is going to drive it lol?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really doubt that tbh and it still wouldn’t be worth peanuts if so, do you really think the new owner of this is going to drive it lol?

No I don’t think they’re likely do drive it, but it has value because it is still road legal.

In the future, who’s going to be interested in a driver’s car that you can’t drive?

I do think the classic car bubble will burst and cars like this will drop hugely in value. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  440i + 182
No I don’t think they’re likely do drive it, but it has value because it is still road legal.

In the future, who’s going to be interested in a driver’s car that you can’t drive?

I do think the classic car bubble will burst and cars like this will drop hugely in value. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Have you been to classic car shows?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  997 C4S
I went to a sports car show last year and there was a La Ferrari there with something daft like 68 miles on it.