ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

42" plasma....

Clio Sport 172
Anyone bought a Samsung PS42Q97HDX 42-inch HD Ready Freeview Plasma TV?

I ordered one earlier and was just wondering if anyone got any views on it?;)

Clio Sport 172
Got advice and read and read and read reviews....and spcs....just wanted to see if anyone on here got first hand knowledge of it!!!!

Street Triple R
I bought the exact model!, very happy with it, no probs at all, the only thing that really lets it down (badly) is the fact that the sound is very poor, obviously designed for people who have 5.1 set ups....I dont yet, Apart from that though, its fantastic

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I've got that.
Pretty decent Tv but I don't know much about them, Think Revels on here has the same one & geeked up on the so he might tell you its rubbish.

172 cup TT
i think i paid online for it about £620 about 10 months ago.... nice to see its hardly dropped since... At the time i remember it being almost a grand in comet

RB 182
All in all - Thumbs up?? Has anyone tried it with a PC or PS3? I'm moving into my new place in a few weeks and need a nice mid-ranged TV :)

Oil Burner
Not bad tv's at all, had no problems with samsung plasmas at work, seem to be well put together with a good burn prevention system in place (look in your menu, its worth turning on)

clio...
I have the PS50Q97HDX, I run everything through it(PC, PS3, Wii, Sky) and its quality. Love the tele, Only pain for me was the HDMI ports on the back... really s**t place if you're hanging it on a wall.

Why didn't you just fork out an extra 150 quid for 8 more inches ;)

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Brilliant TV for the money. Only gripe is the sound quality, so just get a decent surround system and you'll have a very good looking and sounding setup. Xbox 360 is brilliant through it.

MINI Cooper S
I have got this TV also and i am well pleased with it :) Very good for the xbox and PS3 :) The only problem is the sound, but i will be getting a good surround setup soon :)

Oil Burner
whats the LCD version like is this better or worse

the new samsung range is coming out atm. So if your willing to wait there are new LCD's and Plasma's coming out.

The major difference being the 1080p models are starting at a lower price.

Plasma still has the upper hand in my opinion (kettle of fish being opened here) however samsungs recent LCD efforts are very impressive, the 6 series with 100MHz 1080p 40" should be an excellent tv, certainly the 5 series i have seen was good. And they have fixed the sound. Finally a samsung with sound quality to match the picture quality.

However panasonic are still top of the pile along with pioneer. But they are more money than samsungs typically.