ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

41mpg

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm getting 27 on the Meg at the moment..and it's just cost me £57 to fill up with V-Power :( I still had 55 miles left in the tank.

Its no secret the price of fuel is at an all time high... so I've been trying my best to drive my car differently after watching TopGear on sunday. On sunday I reset my MPG-ometer, and set about short shifting at no more than 4k whenever I'm driving.

I've done 70 miles since then, all around town and DC driving... and today my MPG-ometer is showing 41mpg, my usual average is 31mpg. Now the interesting thing is, I've enjoyed driving the car sensibly, and I get to my destination at exactly the same time...

Group buy on blocks of wood to put under the throttle pedal anyone? ;)

FCS this weekend including a 30 minute thrash on the International Circuit:

small.jpg

Currently reading 40.4 :cool:

Suzuki Swift Sport
I can only dream of that kind of mpg with my r27! Im averaging 26.5 mpg, and thats mostly being careful! My main journey to work is a 7 mile trip on back roads, so not ideal for fuel economy. Ive been trying to short shift this week to see if I can raise the average but its not looking great! plus I cant resist the odd little blast! I remember seeing over 40 mpg when I had the 172 :( dont think ill ever see over 30 with this! Also costs me 60 quid to fill on the cheap stuff! doh!

Driver and passenger have airbags.
From what I've seen in the last five years is that the side ones don't always deploy anyway :p

^ Yeah Nik convoyed up with us in his 197 and only managed 30 odd mpg!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You need a Cup though.
My old 172 wouldn't go higher than 35 I swear!

Amen to that! See i always knew a Cup was the one to have......lightweight is the way forward...especially nowdays!

I love seeing 40mpg even after a good ragging...:approve:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
there are a group of american nutters called hypermilers, and they can ger priuses and honda insites to do stupid mpg, i think they managed to get a prius to do 110mpg over the course of a tank getting them about 2000 miles. and thats in US gallons which are less than uk ones are they not.
really interesting article here.
http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/01/king_of_the_hypermilers.html

i mean drafting a lorry at 50mph with the engine off wtf?? or taking a slip road at 52 mph so you can coast for a mile and a half with no engine running.

the one bit that kills me is that he states that he does it so osamabinladen doesnt ket any money. he not doignit for him, hes doing it for america and the world. my opinion is well done now get a grip!.

I regularly get 44mpg on a run to Bristol (170 miles). Went up to Blackpool the other week and saw 45 out of a tank. Thats 80+ most of the way.

How sad are we all talking mpg. 20 years ago it was bhp. This seems to be talked about in the pub. Bragging rights to the person with the highest mpg.

Bring back bhp!

Inferno Orange 182 FF
im driving like a 80year old woman, trying to get my MPG as high as possible, but drivin is no fun whatso ever!!! it bores me !

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
thats what i mean! if you cant put your foot down and again theres little point in having it as your not enjoying it! but then again the government arent helping what with cameras every were and what with the fuel now! :(

Clio 172 sport
Mine displays 6.4mpg, im sure there is something wrong with it, the best i have ever got is 22mpg.

Hmmm

Clio 182 FF + Cup Packs
Did a few tests last night in my friends 182 (he was driving of course) on his private road (which is kinda similer to a motorway but not the same at all really), using crusie control, resetting counter over a 2/3 mile distance on each...

- 65mph - 44mpg
- 70mph - 42mpg
- 80mph - 36mpg
- 90mph - 32mpg
- 100mph - 26mpg
- 115mph - 24mpg

Oh yeah its just been serviced as well.

TTRS & V50
Did a few tests last night in my friends 182 (he was driving of course) on his private road (which is kinda similer to a motorway but not the same at all really), using crusie control, resetting counter over a 2/3 mile distance on each...

- 65mph - 44mpg
- 70mph - 42mpg
- 80mph - 36mpg
- 90mph - 32mpg
- 100mph - 26mpg
- 115mph - 24mpg

Oh yeah its just been serviced as well.

interesting. i would give you rep if there was a rep system but there isnt so have this lucky star :star:

BMW M135i
Currently managing 30mpg in the 225 driving mostely round town with some NSL roads can hit 35mpg or so after cruising at 70 for a while, drops to 20-25mpg stop/start driving though. Turbo ftw!

ClioSport 172
I've never managed anything better than 38.5 & that was on the motorway... but I rarely drive over 60, cause its 30mph all the way to my work etc

Ph2 FF 172
I got 44.7 on the M4 on Tuesday! Admitedly I was doing 60 instead of my usual 90 to a ton but, hey I wasn't in a rush.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Drove 3 miles earlier to the gym been as careful as f**k, Reset the trip computer when i left my drive, Got to the gym and it shower 71.Xmpg!!!

However, Everything was kind to me, No one pulled out on me, No red lights and no stopping at a junction waiting!

Its normally 26.9mpg though.

1.2 Dynamique

I have seen 35 mpg from the vee (no joke) That was a mix of motorway driving & getting stuck in some traffic on a motorway.

Round town & the like, it's low 20's.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have taken the same approach in the 197. Currently getting about 30-33 mpg - Town driving :)