ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 channel amp

im currently running an 800w 4 channel amp which is powering 4x 6*9s (i know theyre crap etc) 1 channel for one speaker - for some reason that i cant work out, channels one and two work perfectley but the channels three and four are only giving bass and no treble, ive checked the speakers and theyre fine so im lost as to what it can be?

Nissan R35 GT-R

4 channel amps have independant crossovers, so you can control which speakers play chich frequencies.

You need to set both crossovers to the same settings for the same sound.

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 19 May 2004

checked that 3 and 4 arent switch to low pass filter (LPF)
yeah, hpf and there is very, very faint treble, on full there is no treble and lots of bass and of lpf there like mini subs

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 19 May 2004

4 channel amps have independant crossovers, so you can control which speakers play chich frequencies.

You need to set both crossovers to the same settings for the same sound.
does this need to be done on the amp or the head unit?

both on the headunit and the amp.

Are you sure the tweeters havent blown on the 6x9s. If youre playing distortion through them then theyll blow over time.

Fabia vRS

most prob ur amp settings by the sound of it, some amps have a mono setting too (maybe u got that switched on?) or u got ur + - cables set up the wrong way?? just a few guesses there but at least i tried lol

nah, my cables are definately right because the first 2 channels are working fine and ive checked most the settings on my amp with no luck so im kinda thinking its something to do with mu h/u

Nissan R35 GT-R

How many RCA cables have you run from the head unit?

If 1, its a problem with your amp.

If 2, its probably a head unit setting.