ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd party insurance on 106 gti

Im ready to change my clio for a pug 106 gti. Only thing thats stopping me is the insurance, cheapest ive been quoted is £2500 fully comp,so Im considering 3rd party fire and theft.Ive been quoted £1300 3rd party which is still HIGH but manageable just about, Im 19 with 1 ync,garaged the usual.

Im i taking a big risk only having 3rd party cover??

Any help or advice would be great

cheers james

Ive seen a few that interest me, im looking to spend jus under £4k, I know its abit risky but ive been offered £4k for my clio and if i wait for another year my car will just lose even more value and gain more miles!

Is it a GTi? I would shop about and get Fully Comp or get a slower car with lower insurance and wait until youre 21 until you get something quicker. No point in overstretching your finances to get a car, what if you need to get some repair work done?

Yer i suppose, Just i cant really think of any other cars with the same sort of performance as a gti and that look so mint.what oter cars can you think of off hand?

21 years old seems a long way away.......:(

Street Triple R

Trust me mate its not that far away, seems like only yesterday i was 19, im 22 now but it seems to have gone just like that!

I also wanted a quick car when i was 19 and actually got a loan out and got an Evo, it was great at the time, but thinking about it, there is no way i would do it again, it is much better to wait until the car comes to you if you know what i mean.