ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M Headlight Restoration Kit

182 Trophy #333
just bought a couple of these for me and a mate!

if you use the code "THANKS10" you can get get another 10% off which basically equates to free delivery!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Wrong section or not, a big thanks for posting for the offer and also the 10% off. V happy. :approve:

Renault Clio MK4 RS
was about to order one later on in the week for £19 off ebay. Had to buy it now because of that price! thanks for the heads up :D

Elise 111r, 182 FF
Quick question - It's only the top part of my headlights that are bad. Am I therefore best of only sanding/polishing the top half or still doing the whole light?

Use at your own risk. I'm tired of posting up the reasons against using something like this. Sledgehammer for a nut springs to mind.

Elise 111r, 182 FF
Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but what are the reasons for not using this? Be keen to know as really want to get the hazing gone this weekend.

Thanks JD

Don't apologise lad, that's what forums are for.

It is the opinion of most pro detailers (and decent amateurs) that such harsh abrasives are just not required. Anything less than 1000 grade wet and dry/sandpaper will leave scratches in your plastics that you will not be able to get out through a quick polish with a drill.

But it depends on how keen an eye you have for these surface scratches and whether you are bothered. The process can take a few hours (with the right tools, going through the grades 2000-4000) or much less time with harsher tools. 3M have presumably weighed up the desires of the general public and decided quicker is better.

Elise 111r, 182 FF
Thanks mate - So its probably better to go for a 2000, 3000, 4000, then polish? Just want to get the best results without any risk to the headlight?

Seen some people have mentioned just trying metal polish first - does this actually get some of the hazing off?

Some metal polishes contain abrasives, so it would start the process but take a while. Presume this has been mentioned as most metal polishes also contain chemical cleaners which might help to remove some of the hazing.

IMO 1000 if really necessary, 2000-3000, then polish with a machine polisher.

Out of stock (not that I needed the resto kit) but thanks for the link anyway will stock up on some half price glass cleaner and blue tape!

Clio 172 cup
This kit is well worth buying, as people have said there are loads of posts about this but I have pictures of mine on my cup if anyone is interested in seeing results!