ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M headlight resto kit...drill question

PH1 Clio 172
Just got my 3M kit and followed it to the word. Its made a huge difference but still has a tiny haze. I used my cordless drill that is only 14.5 volts. I've got a power drill but think this will be too much.
So do I persevere with the cordless drill or should I be using my power drill for optimum results ?
Thanks
​Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can always keep going, trying again etc with the cordless drill.

But you can't undo damage if you damage it with a black and decker on hammer speed! lol.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sounds like you need to keep at it, slowly stepping down to finer grades and slowly removing the finer marks.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think a proper electric drill is your best bet. It'll probably take a good few passes for 100% correction.

Most electric drills have soft start anyway, so use that but don't go mental?

If you're gentle with the trigger, you should be able to get a speed above the maximum of the cordless, but not wound all the way up on the electric one.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
most electric drills allow you to adjust the speed via a very small turn knob normally on the trigger.