ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3D telly + SKY whats the deal

clio mk1 RSI
I'm getting a 3D telly next week, waste of time IMO as I cant see 3D, anyway I have got sky with the HD box and sports and knowledge pack upgrades.
Do you have to get any special equipment to be able to watch sky channels in 3D, some ppl are telling me you need a 3D box and others say there is 3d channels but I have never heard of any 3D channels, whats the script?

3D channels are just broadcast in SBS (Side by side) images. You won't need any extra equipment.

Works the same as plugging in a USB HDD and watching a SBS .mkv file.

Which brand have you gone for?

clio mk1 RSI
3D channels are just broadcast in SBS (Side by side) images. You won't need any extra equipment.

Works the same as plugging in a USB HDD and watching a SBS .mkv file.

Which brand have you gone for?
thanks for trying to help but I dont speak R2-D2 , so sky do brodcast in 3D, all i do is hook the telly upto the box and thats it?

E46 320CD
I have a 3D TV and to get the 1 sky 3D channel you have to have all the other channels.

Costs me £50 per month for all channels including HD.

I wouldn't bother with Sky 3D, imo.

In the last 10 months I've had 2 x 3D TVs, and watched only a handful of 3D material (DVD/USB/Xbox/PS3). There's no way I'd make any use of Sky 3D for normal viewing. Films and gaming are ideal.

clio mk1 RSI
I dont want it mate its more for the mrs and kids, I tried to explain exactly your point to them but I got the puppy eyes, so I gave in.

I was seriously looking at getting a 3d tv, think they are awesome, then i noticed there is only 1 3d channels, which is almost on a 24/7 loop, i definatly wouldn't use it enough to justify it, is it going to take off at all? its been around for a while now and still nothing about really.