ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service....182

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Anyone know......

Do you HAVE to change your aux belt at 36k ?
Is it something Renault insist on

I'm not trying to not have it done ....I just need some views before I approach my dealer.

Thank yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh and long time no post :D *waves*

Ang
x

Yep it has to be done the service rules changed 2001 or 2002 or so as they kept breaking and Renault had to pay up to fix under warently.

Most dealers forget to mention its not part of the normal service and don't chnage it but to make your warently valid you should have it chnaged might be worth ringing round find a dealer quoting a silly low price ie forgetting they don't chnage the belt then when or if they charge you silly price refuse to pay as you were never told the belt had to be chnaged.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
My situation is this....

I had my 36k service done in December 05 and was under the impression that the belt would be done as part of the service, and after discussion with the dealer expected them to carry out the works.

Picked the car up paid the bill and went home.
Wasn't until i got home i realised that they hadnt stamped my service book, phoned them and they said don't worry we will do it at the next service, keep the receipt safe.

Well my 48k service is due in the next two weeks, so i found the receipt for the 36k ready to give them, had a browse over the items they carried out, for no reason and I noticed on their check sheet that they didnt change my belt.

So the reason for my initial question was to find out if they had the made a mistake and it should of been done...(and yes i know i should of checked more closely when i picked the car up, but i didnt)

sorry for the essay

lol

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Oh and my dealer is quite a way away from me, that why i didnt go straight back to get the book stamped.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
edde said:
I'd just play dumb if they didn't change it its the problem.

its not me taking it to the dealer...i have a man that does :eek: ;)

do you think Si can play the dumb blonde for me ?? lol

Ang said:
its not me taking it to the dealer...i have a man that does :eek: ;)

do you think Si can play the dumb blonde for me ?? lol
Play the dumb blond only thing he's missing is the wig.

You've got him put in his place working for you (I assume were on about Si here) if so measure tyre thickness before and after his personal delivery service you know how he drives.

Where is he though? Why he not on a bread run to the ring?