ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 prob..

i think im bloody cursed

on PGR3
everytime i go to watch gotham TV, or its started now doing it when loading xbox live games up.. keeps coming up with the ''clean disc or reset console''

the disc is clean, its only a couple of days old!!

argh

why arent 360's as reliable as the riginal box? :(

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I got mine from play a week or so ago, thing never even powered on, total shite.

Did you buy from highstreet or online?

i bought from play last week.. that thing blew up after 10 mins, so bought one from a highstreet store instead and swapped it for my dodgy one from play and took it back.. now this one keeps saying the disc needs fricking cleaning.. :(

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
lol, yeah remember now, posted in the same thread.

Still waiting for collection of mine.....

Sorry, pure spam this is..

Not a clue whats wrong bro

well just gave the disc a very very good buff ;) lol and it seems ok now...

2005 - i did wonder where you went.. you back on later?

Between cars at the mo..
If its doing it with every game and you still have your warranty i'd suggest you get M$ to replace/fix.
I had to get them to fix my 360 after the update in Nov/Dec fragged my console :( Took about 2 weeks once it was collected :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
i bought from play last week.. that thing blew up after 10 mins, so bought one from a highstreet store instead and swapped it for my dodgy one from play and took it back.. now this one keeps saying the disc needs fricking cleaning.. :(
karma? ;)

1.2 16v clio
yea my mates does the same and mine crashs as crashed bout 4/5 times and ive only ad it since a week ago on thursday mite ave 2 b takin it back if it keeps doin it. i also get disconnected from live often aswell its a fuckin piss take i fink the disconnecting thing is to do with the router.

dk

911 GTS Cab
disc not reading and freezing all sounds like they are going to die really, i had the freezing thing and mine eventually went and the disc not being read is another common problem.

if you go to the xbox forum and look at the threads on there you will spot several very long ones on both subjects, happening to a lot of people and normally ends in the 360 dying and needing a new one.

sorry but theis has happened to me, i would also suggest if you haven't already, taking out the extended 2 yr warranty as mine died 2 days after the 1yr was up, well worth it!

I was toying with the idea of getting a 360 when the price drops (I'm not a cheapskate but I know I wont use it often so no point in paying through the nose for it) but these "my 360 is fucked" type threads seem a little too commonplace for my liking.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is the warranty available via the Xbox website? My 360 is a year old next month.
no, unfortunately its only available using the warranty card that came in the box so as long as you still have that then happy days.

it says you can only send it back within 10 days of purchase but i sent mine after 51 weeks and then honoured it. I also got it at the cheaper price as it was cheaper for the first batch of xbox's.

I tried ringing the support line and they couldn't help and also tried calling MS direct and they also couldn't help, the warranty extension is mail in only too, no phone number etc, its weird that they make it so difficult for people to do it when its just extra revenue for them.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was toying with the idea of getting a 360 when the price drops (I'm not a cheapskate but I know I wont use it often so no point in paying through the nose for it) but these "my 360 is fucked" type threads seem a little too commonplace for my liking.
we all saw the my 172 is knackered threads before we bought our cars but we still bought them, if something is that good you will put up with a few niggles that happen, being without your car for a day as its at a garage is only like sending your xbox off.

its also the same as the car where you only tend to get threads about people's who have broken, not from those who have no problems, they are less vocal.

I was toying with the idea of getting a 360 when the price drops (I'm not a cheapskate but I know I wont use it often so no point in paying through the nose for it) but these "my 360 is f**ked" type threads seem a little too commonplace for my liking.

I have no problem with mine, used regulary. Did all these 'my renaultsport is fucked' threads put you off getting one.

Trust me they are few and far between.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was toying with the idea of getting a 360 when the price drops (I'm not a cheapskate but I know I wont use it often so no point in paying through the nose for it) but these "my 360 is f**ked" type threads seem a little too commonplace for my liking.

I have no problem with mine, used regulary. Did all these 'my renaultsport is fucked' threads put you off getting one.

Trust me they are few and far between.
lol, how dare you steal my anaology ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'll check the box and see if my warranty card is there. Wonder if they will honour it.
don't see why not if they did mine, i filled in the credit card instructions and checked a few days after and it was on my statement. Then two days after that i had to claim on it as mine broke but it was out of the 12 months by then and they didn't question it.

I did put a little note in though explaining that i knew it was supposed to be 10 days but as there were so many problems with the 360 and i was still within my 12 months i was hoping they would make an exception and honour it and they did, so maybe worth inserting a note to make sure?

we all saw the my 172 is knackered threads before we bought our cars but we still bought them, if something is that good you will put up with a few niggles that happen, being without your car for a day as its at a garage is only like sending your xbox off.

its also the same as the car where you only tend to get threads about people's who have broken, not from those who have no problems, they are less vocal.

I bought my 172 before I found cliosport and tbh I cant think of a list of the engine/headgasket etc has gone threads in the years I've been here. So I'd hardly compare the minor rattles and clunks people suffer with the constant terminal cases I've read about 360's, and thats just on here which isnt even a gaming site!

The fact that some people havnt suffered doesnt change the fact that a hell of alot seem to have had a faulty unit or in several cases more than one!

I'm not disputing that with every product you will get a certain number of issues/faults/failures but at the moment I'd sooner wait until they've ironed the bugs out. We're a year on from release and there still seem to be all too frequent posts on here about 360's that have packed up.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I bought my 172 before I found cliosport and tbh I cant think of a list of the engine/headgasket etc has gone threads in the years I've been here. So I'd hardly compare the minor rattles and clunks people suffer with the constant terminal cases I've read about 360's, and thats just on here which isnt even a gaming site!

The fact that some people havnt suffered doesnt change the fact that a hell of alot seem to have had a faulty unit or in several cases more than one!

I'm not disputing that with every product you will get a certain number of issues/faults/failures but at the moment I'd sooner wait until they've ironed the bugs out. We're a year on from release and there still seem to be all too frequent posts on here about 360's that have packed up.
true but for a week of not having your console you have 51 fantastic weeks so IMO thats worth it even if it does go wrong, its an easy process and with minimum fuss, my car has been in the garage probably 5 days this year for little things, doesn't matter how little the fault though, i'm still without my car for the entire day normally.

IMO and i kow most people that own one will agree, the fact that it MIGHT go wrong and be without it for a week is nothing compared to the best gaming experience you can get still and with added High Def movies to go with it.

Having had mine go wrong I wouldn't hesitate buying one again, best gaming i have ever had!

true but for a week of not having your console you have 51 fantastic weeks so IMO thats worth it even if it does go wrong, its an easy process and with minimum fuss, my car has been in the garage probably 5 days this year for little things, doesn't matter how little the fault though, i'm still without my car for the entire day normally.

IMO and i kow most people that own one will agree, the fact that it MIGHT go wrong and be without it for a week is nothing compared to the best gaming experience you can get still and with added High Def movies to go with it.

Having had mine go wrong I wouldn't hesitate buying one again, best gaming i have ever had!

Hardly a good comparison. Being without transport which you need is a bit different to having the minor hassle of not being able to play games for a few days.

I guess the reason I'm more wary as the amount of use it will get will probably mean mine would sods law pack up outside of the warranty period meaning I've got to go and pay out for another unit. I've got several other consoles kicking about that I've had for years none have had a fault and all have had periods of months or in some cases years where they've been in a cupboard gathering dust yet all of them work when they get pulled out and plugged into the tv.

well the disc had soem very slight marks of residue on it, wiped it perfectly clean and it seems to have been ok.