ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 fucked ??

1.8 Civic EX
had my xbox 360 for a while now...bought it second hand off a guy from here (cheers dave!) but it started to crash every now and then a while back.so I thought.it's microsoft it's gonna happen.....but a now it lasts about 5 mins then crashes everytime i try and use it....I've deleted everything I have downloaded off live incase I got bad a file or something and gone through the initial set up again to clean it up but it still does it.....

anyone else had the same? sugestions on what to do? it's all unplugged now as I got fed up with it....gonna leave it over night and try again tomorrow as it's been on "stand by" since i've had it....

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
realy? even tho I don't think I have the originaly recipt (sp) anymore? do I just go direct to micrsoft for that?

I would have thought it would be ok! Have a look around and give them a call!

or..

Tommorow, go to Argos/Dixons/Currys and buy a 360.

Go home, take it out of the box, swap the consoles over, take teh cables out of the plastics etc, then go back to said shop with your receipt and say it doesnt work. Say you dont want a replacement as you dont want the same to happen again!

;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
You shouldn't have a problem if you do not have the original receipt as the 360 has not been available for a entire year yet so it should be obvious that it is still within warranty. However this is Microsoft so you never know. Good luck :)

1.8 Civic EX
Re: 360 f**ked ??

Revels106 said:
I would have thought it would be ok! Have a look around and give them a call!

or..

Tommorow, go to Argos/Dixons/Currys and buy a 360.

Go home, take it out of the box, swap the consoles over, take teh cables out of the plastics etc, then go back to said shop with your receipt and say it doesnt work. Say you dont want a replacement as you dont want the same to happen again!

;)

genius!! haha

just checking the xbox site, says it could be due to over heating..my room is always the hottest in the house and this weather really don't help....I'll try connect it up again tomorrow so it's had a good chance to cool down and see what happens.....

if not.....i may be about to go shopping! haha

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
my mate had same thing happen to his, send it back and got another one.

nice avatar btw ;) i just changed mine earlier aswel lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Probably overheating, the console gets very very hot and having a very hot room wont help.

However if you decide to go for Revels idea, microsoft have been sending instructions round for employee's to check the warranty seals and serial numbers of the xbox's being returned, not a problem if you remove the warranty seal carefully with a hobby knife and swap the xbox 360 cases (the serial is on the case ;) )

Inferno 182

yep had mine replaced with no problem,ring microsoft and tell them you have no reciept as it was a birthday present and they will sort it out,as was said before they are not a year old yet so cant argue

Focus ST-2
mate same thing happened to mine 2 weeks ago, its overheating, phone them, put it in a box and send it back. got it back 2 days ago and it now sounds as if there is one big bloody fan in it now, lot louder than it was before.

Please view the link below. LINK
As the link shows, the retailer is liable for up to SIX YEARS on defective products. Look at the answer to question 2; your rights are clear. If you have your reciept just take it back to the retailer. Print off the fact sheet in the link, its from the department of trade and industry; the government and the retailer shouldnt be able to argue.
Hopefully this should help some people avoid the 2 week wait for a replacement console.

*** taken from Xbox.com***

I had a fault on mine, just told me to send the faulty item back (in my case just the 360, kept HDD etc) and they will replace it FOC.

mk1 RSi

it wont have anything to do with the receipt they will ask you for the product code on the back of the case i guess, thats what they did with my old xbox

1.8 Civic EX
right...I now have the red ring of doom!! my xbox is officially dead and they are sending a currior out to get it.

Anyone else that sent it back had a currior collect it? do I need to put anything with it or litterally just the machine in a box with no notes of who it goes to or who it's from?!?!

Focus ST-2
you should get a label from ups to put on it like. it will have all the codes on it. you do not need to put anything in the box apart from the console, no harddrive or anything.