ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32.5mpg!!! In a Vee!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I was, frankly, stunned. Running V-Power, reset at my house before i left, drove to St James Hosp. in Leeds, about 65/70 miles - including going through the traffic in Leeds, but mainly A-Road and dual carriageway all down the A64. Cruising at 60-65 on the A Roads (it was quite busy, a few over takes but mainly 60-65) and then 70-80 on the DC. I was vaguely considering being economical and I'm never in a rush to get to the hospital, and I hate it costing me more money than it has to - but frankly I was amazed at over 32mpg! By the time I'd got home (traffic had picked up in town and I was going a bit quicker) it had dropped to 30.2mpg - but I still think that's pretty impressive :) All trip computer average figures.

As a personal note, the NHS should invest in aircon for the MRI scanning rooms, an hour in a narrow tube when it's 20c outside was rather unpleasent.

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Fear not, I've just flown to town 3 miles away and back, and it's down to 25 already hehe :)

I once got 31mpg, and Craig (cat171) tells me he once got 35mpg! So I'll have to go some to top that...

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
35MPG in a Vee never thought that would be possbile! :p

I'm not convinced it is over an actual long journey, not including doing 45mph on the dual carriageway hehe! I reckon I could have go another 1mpg if I'd really babied it, but hell, I wanted to get there and back sometime today!

I'd also like to point out, if anyone is now thinking "Oh that's not too bad if Vee's get 32mpg" - don't think about buying one based on that hehe! With normal use it's still 20-23mpg or worse :)

Dan

Fear not, I've just flown to town 3 miles away and back, and it's down to 25 already hehe :)

I once got 31mpg, and Craig (cat171) tells me he once got 35mpg! So I'll have to go some to top that...

Dan
Yep, I got 35mpg on my way to a MK meet last year. I filled it up to the brim, reset the computer before leaving the petrol station & got that mpg :eek: The journey involved motorway driving at a steady speed (in sixth gear) plus a bit stuck in some roadworks. I was amazed tbh.

Now it's usually about 21 or so.

averaging 32.5 is damm good!! lol

mines generally 22-23mpg. 26-30 if i baby it.

ive driven halfway round the m25 at 60-65 mph it was in the low 40's. - it was late at night and i wanted to get home on one tank.

^
That low from a 172 ?? That's not right, you must cain it a fair bit ? either that or somethings not quite right.

guess, but yal be wrong
in my 1.2 16v, i'm just about getting 41-42 mpg, so obviously someone ahs stolen 4 of your v's,

either that or it was all down hill and let gravity take its course

Golf R soon...
On extended drives on the dual carriageway my V6 ;) will get 30 mpg! and people say these V6's are bad on fuel ;)