ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

307 HDI DTurbo

I am on the verge of handing over my driving gloves for a comfy pair of slippers. I know it will be a huge step down in terms of performace over the TypeR but I also know it will be huge step down in running costs as well.

Interested in people opinion on this model or anything simliar. More on handling/ride quality and gadgets as it aint going to be winning any races I guess.

Thanks again.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

These cars are one of the most comfertable yokes you could drive.

I collected a brand new one for my aunt imported from Dublin and drove her 60 miles and they aint sluggish. They ll hit 120mph and will spin in second but comfort is second to none.

Nicely finished interiors and i was very close to buying one over a dci clio only the free insurance swayed me.

In ireland they can be got for £11,000.00 brand new for the rapier d turbo 3 door with loads of extras maybe even cheaper with a bit of shopping.

Only bad point though is they sit too high but its a very nice driving position. I only ever have owned diesel cars and this was close to one of my favs for comfort.

they can also be chipped to about 130 hp and in my opinion is better than a golf tdi or gttdi if you had her chipped.

HDis are very good diesels - the 307 hits 60 in approx 10.2.

Peugeot Diesels are bomb proof - they go on forever! The rest of the car isnt up to the German standards of build quality - butits at least as good as Renaults.

If the 307 handles half as well as the 306 - youll still have a barrel of laughs!

(not that I would recommend a diesel of course! ;))

Thanks, at least the cars seem quite positive. Have only ever driven the Civic Diesel before and I quite enjoyed it. Well I will see if I could get a good deal on my Type R only 7 months old with 8500 miles on the clock.

I know the wife will now revert from the fetal position every time I put my foot down in the Type R. Who would get married and want kids Eh!!

Tappd'd RS

The 307 is the best car Ive ever driven (except the cup mind). The 90 bhp HDi is the favourite car in our office - I think the 110 bhp version will be superb to drive!

I used to have a 306 DTurbo (1.9 TD) and I loved it, completely in a different league to my 172 but still a great car - and as said - engine was purrfect!

Lee

BMW M2C

I took my boss to collect his 307 HDI D Turbo from Motorpoint on Friday. Its a handsome looking car, and very well built. Equipment levels are also pretty high.

Hes had the car almost a week now, and has just put his second tank of diesel in. He managed 520 miles on the first tank, but stil had almost 10 litres left in the when he filled up!!

Ive not driven the D Turbo, but have the standard 307 diesel. I was massively let down compared to the old 306 in terms of handling, but then that was a hard act to follow. Plus I did have a GTi-6, but obviously Im comparing it to the standard 306. I found the controls a little on the light side for my tastes, clutch especially, but it was extremely comfortable and dare I say it, very Germanic inside. The old 306 was almost as rattly as my 172!! But the 307 has an air of quality about it.

Nice car to be getting. Im sure youll be very happy with it, I know my boss is as he cant stop going on about his :)