ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

306 GTI-6 Video

172beast

172s quicker to 60, 6 quicker after that, 172 is long gone anyway, most unreliable car I've ever owned, 6 has cost me fook all so far!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
sweet! lol is a gti-6 faster then a valver?

edit: just checked parkers and apparently its just under a second slower then a valver and 3 insurance groups higher!(group 15)

Last edited:

172beast

Just under a second slower? To what, 30mph lol its easily quicker then a valver, wouldn't trust book figures, watch the 0-100 video again, show me a standard valver that'll do 0-100 same as that ;)

172beast

In the brochure I've got here, it states, "0-62 in 8.5 seconds.*" then asterixs refers you to the bottom of the page were it says with half payload, ie passenger, full tank of fuel and a passenger, so you can take that figure if you want, half a second quicker then a VTR on paper...

Bumblebee
In the brochure I've got here, it states, "0-62 in 8.5 seconds.*" then asterixs refers you to the bottom of the page were it says with half payload, ie passenger, full tank of fuel and a passenger, so you can take that figure if you want, half a second quicker then a VTR on paper...

A 306 GTi-6 is the exact same to 60 than a ph2 172.

A 306 Rallye is the exact same to as a ph1 172.

IMO the best car out of the 4 is the 306 Rallye (having owned it and both 172's)

172beast

Aye, depends whether you want leather, aircon and that, performance difference is so small between a 6 and Rallye, I'd love a white Rallye but I commute daily so like a bit of sound deadoning, leccy windows, leather, aircon and that, hence I got a white 6 instead.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
yeh mate thats a good website you got there, seen it a while back. not sure about the gti-6 being faster then the 172 at top end, reason why i say this cos my mate has one and f**k all in it low speed but after 90 i start to pull away more noticble then lower speed.

172beast

Aye, could be a slow 6 and quick 172, theres not much between but in my experience 6 seems quicker top end, had a couple of blasts with mk2 172 and owned a mk1 172 for a year or so mesen, loved my 172 when it worked, just couldn't take track work, its not half as involving to drive as the 6 tho, find a country road and you loose track of everything, just get totally absorbed in driving.

Forgot to mention on that vid the thicker rear ARB I've fitted to, zero understeer, handles very well in the dry, wet or slippy conditions no point pushing, too much of a handful hence the trackday off!

182 FF
I sold my GTI 6 a couple of months ago cause my mates 172 used to waste me. I think they are far quicker

Also had a valver and up to 60mph there was never anything in it with a GTI 6, it was only the top end where the GTI6 showed its stuff

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
nah i wouldnt say i wasted my mate with the gti-6, was very very slowly pulling away on all tests we did.

Megane 225 Cup
sweet! lol is a gti-6 faster then a valver?

edit: just checked parkers and apparently its just under a second slower then a valver and 3 insurance groups higher!(group 15)

Now theres a story behind this. And someone did spot it, (under load) the guys at peugeot deliberatley lowered the figures so they could drop into a lower insurance group. Good thinking.

And yes! it is quicker than a valver.