ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300bhp + What drive shafts?

ste 193

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hey peeps..!!

Has anyone got any advice regarding the 182 driveshafts? Will the standard driveshafts be good for upto 350bhp? I have a Quaif diff and sticky tyres. The car is booked in for mapping on the 21st of this month.
With the standard shafts being so pricey is there a recommended alternative brand?
Much appreciated..!!

Ste!!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Dave Mac propshafts could make you a stronger set easily if there standards 1*2 shafts your using.

406 V6, Race Buggy
It's shock loads that kills them, so depends just how sticky the tyres are and how aggressive the clutch, etc, is (sprung clutches shock them less than solids, etc)

ste 193

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I only ask as I snapped a O/S CV joint just before my current rebuild of the car, the car was around 270bhp then.
I’ve been told the gearbox should be good now I’ve had the Quaife diff. I’ve got the Sachs clutch and Nankang AR1 rubber.