ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 points a window!

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
got threatened with 3 points a window and 3 for my sunstrip last nite and made to take my sunstrip off infront of the speeders,

wondering if any1 has any links to good legal tints and wondering what sunstrips would go with a black car that aint gonna be the sky blue see threw stuff?

the police told me that they will be around my neck of the woods to check ive taken the tints of in a week or 2 so im looking for legal tints for the front and a sunstrip that i could get away with taking into mind that with a clio u can only get a 2 inch sunstrip on maximum

ibiza cupra
tints are sun strips are out of date now anyway mate so they have done you a favour in a roundabout way

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know the officers name? Il send him a letter to congratulate him on his good advice about the sunstrip hahahaa just joking
i think the 3 point crack is just a warning to show you the advice they are giving you is serious
how bad is it? Would you say the tints and sunstrip could affect your driving?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
surely they wouldnt give u 3 points per window lol, would be the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
sunstrip was 200-250mm ahaha yeah i got the whole all car windows come standard with 20 percent tint so i would only be able to buy 5 percent tint if i wanted it to b the 25 that u are allowed,i tried telling them that i had bought them as light/legal for the front as my back sides are limo dark,

ive got a black car so i think that tints and strip have always suited it and ive had the car 2 years my mate 2 years before that

pic attached hopefully(fingers crossed il mangage)
S5000732.jpg

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
low winter sun on a half an hour drive home was the excuse over the winter lol nah tints are fine or should i say were lol
sunstrip was big but hey f**k it u never need to check and give way to the sky!

lol

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Both illegal, if its in the wipers coverage area then its also MOT fail,

You can have front tints, but only a certain %, yours look way to much, so ye get them removed

MINI FJCW
Dont mean to be funny mate, but your looking to get pulled with them window tints, no chance of seeing through them.

Just get rid of the front tints and the sun strip for the meanwhile.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yeah with the clio wipers you can only get away with an inch an a half sunstrip,or change the wipers mmmm lol thats an idea

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
thats how it looks today anyway,
the front tints are off its just how the sun is facing me so it stil looks dark

ive had the tints and strip since nov-dec so it looks so bare and s**t lol
S5000803.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if you have 43R stamped into the glass, it has a factory tint of around 30%
adding anything to this will push it over the legal limit,

what you should do, is fit a kill switch to your window motors,
police come along, down they go, flick the switch,

"sorry officer, theres no glass in them,"

from a legal point of view theres nothing they can do, as the motors will appear not to work, but i cant see them believing that story tbh, nobody drives around without windows in.

also sunstrips are legal as long as the wiper blades dont cross it, so get tiny wiper blades, then its legal!

On the other hand,

tints look gash
scumstrips look gash

unless you have no headlining or sunvisors, then you can get away with it.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
Aye, it is a very poor clio with no tints :( Very disappointed, no stealth missions tonight. :(

182 Trophy
No wonder you got pulled, they looks shocking. How the f**k can you see pulling out of junctions at night, it might all be funny untill you pull out on a biker etc, i hate all tints tbf but front side tints look so chav its unreal, you a dealer?

Renault Megane R26
You will get 3 points per window and the sunstrip looks like it comes down to low, which should cause a MOT failure. The windows on front must have nothing on them had Met police do the same thing with the windows, there even showed me a home office document stating this. Traffic cops will take this all the way.

S4 Avant
So I'm driving along a road, you pull up to a junction infront of me. As you stop to look left and right, I can't see whether you've seen me or not.

Assuming that you must have seen me coming along with xenons blazing y0, I proceed to drive at 60 along the road.

You pull out infront of me, causing a huge accident, all because I couldn't anticipate whether you'd seen me or not.

Police did a good job pulling you over.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I think sunstrips are legal if ur wipers don't go over them but they still look s**t

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yea im not saying that my sunstrip was legal ive said that ive had it on for 6 months threw the winter and been told once or twice about it,the tints arent solid black tints i can see plenty or should i say i could see plenty daytime or night time visabilty was fine,

that was the 3rd or 4th time the traffics have pulled me but the first time they have said to remove as they 'must' be illegal,i have had 2 officers in my car before and closed the doors on them and showed them how light they were from the inside,its all done now but il b gettin more light smoked for my fronts and finding a smaller maybe just a tinted sunstrip not a solid black also get a few smaller wipers lol,rear windscreen wil be gettin fully darkend aswell lol,the clios name is the stealth bomber or it was wen it spat out the backfires lol not stealth with nosey cnuts able to see the big joint hanging out my mouth lol or trying to get the seatbelt on quickly when police are on patrol.

every1 to there selves eh!

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
S5000790.jpg

maybe a slighty better picture showing that the front tints arent limo black like my rears,u can see the front seats showing and when there was any1 in the front of the car you can clearly see in and it you could see out vary clear,rear tints turnd things blueish when you looked out the car and the fronts it was a slight yellow/brightness you could see,

every1 is gonna hate this but this was my clio i had for 8 days before i got crashed into that was fully dark allround but still the accident wasnt put on my blame as i approached a junction checked al was clear then took off as i took off some1 shot threw there junction without checking the road i was coming out off,
anyway these are dark fronts!
damage.jpg

they actually look lighter than my new clio but they were dark to look out,
as ive said each to there own and all that:dapprove:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't think each to their own comes into it if they are illegal. Lol at the kill switch idea.

Ph 1 172
I bought my car with tints on much like tour fronts, I got
a £30 fine no points though and told to take them off, when I hot them removed they were tested by the company that removed them and they were defo illegal. I asked them to test the windows when they were back to standard as well and they already have a small tint too them! I would check it out before you re tint them

BMW E36 328
when the police pull you over for tints dont they use a hand held machine that can measure the amount of light that the tint will let through?

Seen it on traffic cops a few times lol

S4 Avant
So I'm driving along a road, you pull up to a junction infront of me. As you stop to look left and right, I can't see whether you've seen me or not.

Assuming that you must have seen me coming along with xenons blazing y0, I proceed to drive at 60 along the road.

You pull out infront of me, causing a huge accident, all because I couldn't anticipate whether you'd seen me or not.

Police did a good job pulling you over.

Seems my point got proved