ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 pod boost gauge

Ph1 T
Looking at getting a 3 pod boost gauge just wondering if there's any decent ones to get and ones to avoid?

Also how easy are they to install DIY job or quite difficult?

Ta

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
A few further bits of info needed here really
A 3 pod holder and a boost guage ?
What are your other 2 guages ?
Do you want the 52mm ones ?
And where did you want the pod?

I have 1 pod on my drivers A pillar which is a 3 guage and it fits fine, just goes over the current trim. Was a cheap ebay one to fit 52mm guages, I am using cheap glowshift guages which i have never had a problem with. But they were cheap and i use my boost controller for checking the boost levels anyway.

But you can get those 3 pod ones which replace the head unit or go over the middle of the dash, all easy enough to fit. Just remember you need to run the guage wiring and maybe sensors etc.

I have Boost AFR and voltage in one car and Boost / voltage in the other

I have one like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWIN-2-GA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a2e20bc0

But i do find it blocks the apillar when turning in, not a huge problem but something to consider

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive just put mine in where the airvent was, covered by a bit of smoked perspex so its not too obvious if some little scrote is trying to decide which car to joyride, lol

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I removed the standard 172 clock / radio display, got oil pressure, volts and a clock hidden away in there in a homemade set-up

Ph1 T
I was thinking of running them down the a pillar and its the 3 pod with boost oil pressure and volts yeah..

If anyone has pics of their setups they could post that'd be great. As I might change where I fit them

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive got a picture of my mk1 one which is a phase 1 dashboard:
90a7ff9a.jpg

Not got any of the turbo though, will get some at some point, ive only added AFR and boost though, so only two.

Putting a gauge in the air vent would get my vote. Or look how cup_phil did his gauges in the radio slot, they look awesome!

As its Chip i doubt his dash came from Ktec, looks like a Race Technology - Dash 2 to me though i maybe wrong?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm sure GDi came up with a gauge pod that sat where the clock display is, not sure if they are still available though.