ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3/4 Plate Guide ^ - Does anyone use them on the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
I'm trying to gather some sort of idea, on the 3/4 plates that people tend to use for shows ;

1 ) Does anyone use them on the road?

2) Have they been pulled for them?

Yes, I am aware that they are illegal.

Thanks!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I use them on the road, never had a problem... had illegal plates on almost all my cars lol (mainly pressed plates in euro font before) and never had a single issue :) (probably get done now I've said that)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
1. Yes
2. No (They have not event been mentioned when I have been stopped for other reasons)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well I have my number plate in my windscreen cos the 3/4 sized ones I bought fell off so got my stock one in the windscreen, and still aint had a problem lol

Put it back on the car properly, and stop looking like a tit.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Well this has been somewhat unanimous. Look's like I'll be getting 3/4's and keep my proper sized ones in the boot, just in case. Thanks everyone.

I wouldn't keep your standard one in the boot. Sort of gives away you know the front one is illegal so you wouldn't be able to plead ignorance.
They would probably also quiz you as to why you had it in your boot.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Leave it under the carpet mate. I've always done it. More so incase one fell off or something. Not doing any harm hidden away.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Huh? It started of by accident as I was at work putting new plates on as I always do with a new car and I fired the old ones in the boot.

I hate anything in the boot or sliding around so I popped them under the boot carpet.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've not had any issues with mine so far and my new base is shared with a load of rat traffic officers.

What's the worst that can happen? 30 sterlings fine. Not the end of the world is it.

A grey one
You'd get more problems with pressed plates than 3/4, and even if they're stupidly illegal or missing on the front of your car you probably still wont get pulled because if you have a cop sat up your arse hes not gonna see the front, and if they're coming the other way they're not exactly gonna spin round and pull you just for a plate.. just dont sit in car parks where they can come in and sniff around, i got pulled for french plates as he greeted me with "bonjour madame" -_-

Just do it and keep spares in the boot :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Had mine on 6 month, had no trouble at all.

Live 3 doors down from a traffic cop and he has never bothered me about it yet.

Although I carry my front original in the boot just incase. The 1 time I ever get stopped for it, then its coming off for good as not worth the trouble after the 1st time.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
If you get pulled, just say you've been to a show/meet off road and you forgot to take em off... keep standard one in the boot

Thats why I keep mine in the boot, under the carpet like mentioned before, stops it sliding around.
Although I have had it on 2 years now and never had a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.