ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd hand brakes

clio 182
hi guys,
may be a stupid question but are there any problems with fitting second hand discs? basically iv been offered them from my mate as his has been rear ended. he picked up the discs in august last year, and they have covered around 5000miles. visually the discs are in good condition with no lip etc. i will be buying new pads to go with them.
cheers

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure some will say NO! but personally, I would. I'm currently running some pads that came inside a used set of calipers I bought ages ago and have had no problem whatsoever.

Clio 197
no problem as long as they are in good condition - they should last well past 5k as long as your not tracking it !

clio 182
alright then guys cheers. il get my hands on some new pads and see how it goes. anyone recomend any decent pads?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I wouldn't do it unless you can get the discs and pads together, or if the discs are in very good condition, with some new pads.

As you know where they've come from, I'm sure you feel that you can trust them.

clio 182
lol no sorry, the car the front discs have come off, has been rear ended!
il take the discs off him then! so as for front pads, anyone recommend anything?

clio 182
100% stupid when they cost less than £50 new (for a pair)

i can have them for nothing :)

so you saying its gunna cause me trouble? im not tight so dont mind buying new, however id feel abit stupid to spend money when i dont need to?
cheers

clio 182
i see your point. i guess seeing as 50quid doesnt even fill up the tank its nothing really!
i love having all lovely new shiny brakes aswell :)