ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd hand 172 value!!

Fiesta TDCI

Cant believe the 2nd hand value of 172s, I had no idea it was this bad, thanks god I bought an Import and saved a few grand at the outset!! Think all the people that paid top dollar for UK cars wont be laughing at sale time (not that Im laughing but I genuinely believe that pound for pound the Import will work out a good couple of grand cheaper)!!

http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buyhttp://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy

<A class=nounderline2 href= "http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy# onclick=window.open /pricing/used_car/popup_info.aspx?price=new , Help , scrollbars,height=200,width=400 ;">

<A class=nounderline2 href= "http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy# onclick=window.open /pricing/used_car/popup_info.aspx?price=privategood , Help , scrollbars,height=350,width=400 ;">

[Edited by Stokesey on 10 August 2004 at 7:54pm]

Fiesta TDCI

Yeah sorry about that it was pasted from Parkers but as sson as I posted it, it screwed up the jist was that a 2nd hand 2002 (51 reg) 172 is worth just over £7k!!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If it helps...just click the text and it takes you to the web page.

sh*t ....was thinking of selling mine too!! guess Im not going to get what I thought. :(

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Thats a really nice car you can get for the money, however an Elephant quote for me was over 6K, so still out of my league.

Yup I paid near £7k for my Williams 1 3/4 years ago id be lucky to get £5,500 for it now. Not too bad for a 9 year old car but more depreciation than I can afford.

The RS Fiesta I sold at the time to get the Williams has just sold for more 2 years later than I sold it for!! The attraction of cars with a Turbo seems to keep the prices up.

R26.r #156

I have to say that I have NEVER used parkers as a guide. Every retailer will laugh at you when you delve into a parkers. Id laugh at what they would price a Williams at and what they end up selling for, they are sooo worth the money that they sell for not what parkers would have you believe.
Basically you pay for what you want and the sellers guide the price not parkers. If we all went by what they said all our cars would be worth alot less and drive the market down. Just my humble point of view....

Fiesta TDCI

You only need to look at the Cars for sale forum to realise that Parkers wont be that far off, you just cant seem to shift the 172s at a decent price.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 10 August 2004

Thats a really nice car you can get for the money, however an Elephant quote for me was over 6K, so still out of my league.

sh*t ....how old are you??

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Stokesey on 10 August 2004

Cant believe the 2nd hand value of 172s, I had no idea it was this bad, thanks god I bought an Import and saved a few grand at the outset!! Think all the people that paid top dollar for UK cars wont be laughing at sale time (not that Im laughing but I genuinely believe that pound for pound the Import will work out a good couple of grand cheaper)!!

http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buyhttp://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy

<A class=nounderline2 href= "http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy# onclick=window.open /pricing/used_car/popup_info.aspx?price=new , Help , scrollbars,height=200,width=400 ;">

<A class=nounderline2 href= "http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=21329&plate=68&pay=false&buyorsell=buy# onclick=window.open /pricing/used_car/popup_info.aspx?price=privategood , Help , scrollbars,height=350,width=400 ;">

[Edited by Stokesey on 10 August 2004 at 7:54pm]
Imports will sell for roughly £1000 less than a UK car. Ask LeeM. His car would have been worth a thousand pounds more part ex had it not been an import. Sad but true.

For the record, I have a UK 172, but only paid £12,000 for it new. Which was cheaper than Motorppoint at the time.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 11 August 2004 at 12:07pm]

320d

Used car price guides are as they say guides. it really depends on the individual car, condition, history, mileage etc etc. I sold my valver for 3K recently, parkers guide price is about £1250

Quote: Originally posted by cableguy on 10 August 2004

I have to say that I have NEVER used parkers as a guide. Every retailer will laugh at you when you delve into a parkers. Id laugh at what they would price a Williams at and what they end up selling for, they are sooo worth the money that they sell for not what parkers would have you believe.
Basically you pay for what you want and the sellers guide the price not parkers. If we all went by what they said all our cars would be worth alot less and drive the market down. Just my humble point of view....
i completely agree with this, you only need to see the prices ppl want for their cars, they are more than a prkers price guide.

Glasses guide is the one you want to use - unfortunately I think its a trade-only publication! I occassionally get hold of the missus dads old previous months copies - turned up at a garage once carrying one and the salesman wasnt impressed cos he knew he couldnt feck around with me!

I wanted £8750 for my 2002 52 Cup with 20k miles but had to take £8000 in the end after no interest for about a month.

I paid £9500 for it in January.

Gutted.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 10 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 10 August 2004

sh*t ....how old are you??
21, but I guess its a speeding fine and a claim I have made so now have 0 NCB. I used a search engine that searches online companys (not confused, im try hard to remember it) and I think from that egg was the cheapest, I will have to try finding it when I come to renew or change car, the elephant was the one I tried on that day, some are more and some are less.

Fiesta TDCI

As soon as the car is 3 years old, anyone with an ounce of sense wont give a toss if its an import or not, it will all be down to condition, service history etc.

As for the point above that it would be worth 1k less, thats a bit of a sweeping statement and maybe true for that particular dealer but not all. Even if it was it proves the point that Imports work out to be substantially more cost effective than (full priced) UK cars over the term of ownership.

I know its been said many times before on this forum but people really need to understand that Importing (if the price is right) makes perfect sense.

At the end of the day we make our own choices, and I know that if I had paid UK prices I would be a lot more pissed off than I am right now with the 2nd hand prices.

Elise/VX220/R26

only dealers care if its an import as they use that as a way to offer you less money. I find it funny as mine is a french import, when you ask them why a french import of a french car is worth less than a french car imported to the uk by a renault dealer they cant tell you why.

172s are fekking terrible for depreciation, I suppose all the more popular manufacturers cars are really thats just the way it is. If you want a 2nd hand 172 there are so many for sale, thats why the prices fall so quickly.

R26.r #156

Just shows how retarded they are at Parkers then doesnt it!

Extras - and the car is worth less, erm ok then, dorks....!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 12 August 2004

just lookin at parkers there and a cup with cc is worth less than one with out??
Technically a cup with cc is a 182;)

If I was buying a cup I wouldnt want the air con extra weight albeit not much kinda goes against the grain of the whole cup concept!

I know its not what some of you want to hear but because the 172 have depricated so much in price it makes a very good buy second hand.

Im currently after a 172 (new shape) for the misses and have been keeping an eye on the prices of them for a while now. Orginally my bro wanted one but got a 1.2 Dynamic (spelling) cos it was free insurance.

For a 2 year old car with approx 27K on it the price is around £8k. Not bad for a 2.0 16V car with 1 years manufactures warranty left on it.

Very good buy as a second hand car.

My mate let he drive his Cup and she now loves them!!

lol iv seen your ad but unless you want to p/x your motor for a 1.4 8v Polo (T Reg) then your out of luck.

She has to sell her motor first before she can get a 172.

Very nice motor btw.