ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd gear gone

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
looking for some help,

my 172 cup has a problem 2nd gear does not engage and all other gears seem to be fine.

just wondering if anyone can shed some light to see if it can be fixed or if a new gearbox is needed

if gearbox is needed how much it would cost roughly

BMW M135i
Easier/cheaper to stick a replacement box in it, it'll probably want the 2nd gear syncro changing. They don't like hard/fast changes at all.

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
is it worth getting the gearbox refurbed or is it just as easy to get a new box

Nippy white cup
My 3rd gear has been a bit dodgy for a while but recently while driving sensibly my 2nd gear went...just wouldn't go in then a few mins later with was ok. Now sometimes when I'm coming to a roundabout and go for 2nd it just about makes it with a slight crunch...soon be gameover I think lol

Chris

I'll be due a new box soon I think, mines notchy in 3rd, but it's done 86k now and been modded to f**k, so it's not done bad really.