ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27" iMac...

SchwepTek™
is ridiculously too big....my eyes hurt!

Anyone else agree or do you get used to it?

I wish Apple made a backlit wireless keyboard... :(

Worst "i just bought an iMac" thread ever?

Probably...

SchwepTek™
Dammit you're not helping! I'm trying to resist getting one at the moment.

So good then yeh? ;)

Yeh it's mint although i genuinely dont know where too look on the screen! lol

I managed to wangle a free magic trackpad too as I said I wanted to swap it out like online but they just gave me both!

Pretty sure there's one in the pipeline :)

Defo required! I can hardly see what im typing! haha

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeh it's mint although i genuinely dont know where too look on the screen! lol

I managed to wangle a free magic trackpad too as I said I wanted to swap it out like online but they just gave me both!

Eh? Don't understand that.

Bus w**ker
I was pricing one up today...but added on the i7 and 2Gb GPU. Came in just under £1900...now I'm just trying to justify it to myself and find a student to attack for discount. Do uni students get better discounts than college?

DB.

BMW 440i
Not sure about the discount.

If you wait until July/August you will get the 'Back to school offers' which can be £100 off an iPod or similar. And Lion, this was mentioned in the other thread and thought it might be of help :)

SchwepTek™
Eh? Don't understand that.

Buy online and you can choose to have either mouse or trackpad in the box. Instore it only comes with mouse but i said i want trackpad and dont want to have to buy online. After half hour on phone to a manager, the guy came back and said they would just throw it in as the mouse in the box isn't boxed so they wouldn't do anything with it even if they did take it out.

I was pricing one up today...but added on the i7 and 2Gb GPU. Came in just under £1900...now I'm just trying to justify it to myself and find a student to attack for discount. Do uni students get better discounts than college?

Yeh uni students get 15% and applecare for £49!

Bus w**ker
£1662 for the same spec with uni discount...right time to measure and research s**t. I apologise now in advance of annoying iMac related questions.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I hate all these threads, I am all for waiting for Lion/Back2School but currently have my spec page open, mid checkout, ready to purchase...

Just over £1200, only thing I have changed is keyboard to wired full size since i dont like the little thing, uses batteries too and I see no point in a wireless keyboard :S

I hate all these threads, I am all for waiting for Lion/Back2School but currently have my spec page open, mid checkout, ready to purchase...

Just over £1200, only thing I have changed is keyboard to wired full size since i dont like the little thing, uses batteries too and I see no point in a wireless keyboard :S

I'm just about to order 8GB of RAM from Crucial! If I do that I'm committed to it!

For me, the wait is not worth it. I already have an 32GB iPod, and I will have to buy Lion for my MBP.......

14' Leon Cupra 280
You'll get used to it. During the day mine is on full brightness, after 7pm it gets knocked down to 3/4 as it's just too bright in dark room! The comments you get from clients is amusing, the size, 'posh', 'my tv is smaller than that', 'where is computer' etc etc

SchwepTek™
I'm just about to order 8GB of RAM from Crucial! If I do that I'm committed to it!

For me, the wait is not worth it. I already have an 32GB iPod, and I will have to buy Lion for my MBP.......

You know its got 4 RAM slots? So i just nabbed 2x2GB from someone upgrading their new 2011 MBP and that will go straight in the empty slots and match!

DB.

BMW 440i
I thought the printers were discounted, but having a look and they seem about £30-40 more to buy from Apple rather than somewhere like Amazon.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
The 8GB is very cheap from Crucial - got it for just over £60 the other day as they had a 15% off day!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Me too, for the exact same reason. They were a bit stumped on what to do so just said keep the mouse and trackpad - I didn't complain.
Except, me being me, I had planned ahead and bought a Magic Mouse on Ebay beforehand, So I now have 2. I don't use the mouse either, much prefer the Trackpad.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My penis shrinks eveytime someone buys a 27.

FML.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear! Heavy Jealous!

I have no need for one or a desktop in general but I still want one!

Is it sad that I'm really excited to see some photos that you take of it? Awesome photographer + 27" = iTent.

FLOL! Just for you, I'll put extra effort into taking photos of it :)

I will also take a few photos of the upgrade process. I feel a bit bad that as soon as it arrives, I'll be ripping it apart :( But I've got some nice goodies going in it :)

Both myself. I've studied the guide intensely and I think I should be ok. I'm very competent inside PCs usually, my main worry is getting dust and crap trapped inside the glass.

Scratch that!

Just called a local Apple authorised service provider. They would charge an hours labour at £50+VAT to fit the drives. I think I might do this, as I can just imagine I'll encounter an unexpected horror when doing it myself!

Definitely do that.

I think taking it apart probably isn't that difficult but getting it back together without any dust in it will be nigh on impossible. At least if you spot some dust you can take it back and ask them to fix it.

SchwepTek™
None of my wallpapers fit the ridiculous resolution.

Anyone have some formula 1 1650x1440 or whatever size it is?