ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24hr race @ Dubai Autodrome

Oil Burner
So i made the trip over to Dubai to shoot the Dubai 24hr Race. Something i've wanted to shoot for a little while.

The circuit itself i was quite impressed by. I hadnt really seen many pics of the circuit online, and knew it wasnt finished in places - so was expecting it to be dire. Yes there is catch fencing litterally everywhere and maybe no more than 50 official photo hatches on the entire circuit. But to my surprise it has quite alot of elevation changes, some really cool backgrounds and some very unique shots. But i think it would take you a few events to find the really cool shots. Maybe something for next year!

Anyway, here are a few of my favourites:

C&C encouraged! (looking at this selection, i think i had an issue with shots containing more than 1 car in the frame!?)

DUBAI_24HR_20124504-L.jpg

2. I cant decide if this is featureless (having no crowd) or if i like the pattern the seats make...

DUBAI_24HR_20121325-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20122812-L.jpg

4. If you can't beat it - shoot through it?

DUBAI_24HR_20123047-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20121869-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20123777-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20125083-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20125415-L.jpg

9. My favourite shot of the weekend

DUBAI_24HR_20121607-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20122780-L.jpg

11. This shot looks very dark on my work monitor - but correct at home.... might have to check again!

DUBAI_24HR_20124498-L.jpg

12. And finally some wheels i liked!

DUBAI_24HR_20121019-L.jpg

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
10 is dope.

Agree'd with Riad, 3 n 5 seem a little dark. Colours are ever so slightly bland. Love the shots though!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Amazing trip. Well done with the young motorsports photographer of the year title too!!
^ This. :D

Great shots as always, mate. As for the second image with the seating 'pattern'... I don't think it's a bad shot by any means but - for me - the pattern is just a little too strong and distracting. Please note that that is personal opinion and I haven't really got a clue other than I really enjoy seeing your photo sets. :D

S4 Avant
Love Dubai, amazing place.

Really nice pictures, 10 sums up the atmosphere perfectly for me though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Excellent shots as always mate. 10 does it for me, superb shot with the Marina in the background!

Did you go karting next door? :D

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nice nick! 6&10 stand out for me, looking forward to seeing more of your work this year :)

Oil Burner
Great work as ever Nick!

3 & 5 look a tad dark but that could just be me mate.

Thanks mate, yes perhaps a tad dark. Although certainly 3 was taken at dusk - hence flat light and slightly dull.

Love number 10! Great shots.

Cheers Jack

10 is dope.

Agree'd with Riad, 3 n 5 seem a little dark. Colours are ever so slightly bland. Love the shots though!

Cheers, i think flat colours are a result of the shots being taken at dusk. Also the lighting is very flat out there anyway, all of these shots have about +10 more saturation/vibrance than a usual UK shoot would have.

Amazing trip. Well done with the young motorsports photographer of the year title too!!

Thankyou mate, much appreciated :eek:

^ This. :D

Great shots as always, mate. As for the second image with the seating 'pattern'... I don't think it's a bad shot by any means but - for me - the pattern is just a little too strong and distracting. Please note that that is personal opinion and I haven't really got a clue other than I really enjoy seeing your photo sets. :D

Cheers Sharky, i'm always open to peoples views. Most of these pics are posted because i want to see peoples reactions to them. Not much point just posting standard shots - thats boring :)

Love Dubai, amazing place.

Really nice pictures, 10 sums up the atmosphere perfectly for me though.

Thanks Dave, yes it's a really interesting place. Certainly keen to return for next years race.

As usual, excellent work! My favourites from this set are 7, 9, 10 and 11.

Thanks Tom!

Excellent shots as always mate. 10 does it for me, superb shot with the Marina in the background!

Did you go karting next door? :D

Cheers Luke, Nope was a fairly fleeting visits. Is the Karting particularly good then?

Awesome!

How did you do No.7? The timing must have been perfect to catch it in that small space.

Cheers mate, number 7 involved kneeling on the floor in the scruitineers bay for about 20 mins trying to nail the shot. Must of taken 200 shots to get this one. I also tried a similar shot in a garage, and i was there so long that the team in the garage came and asked me if i wanted a drink lol

Nice nick! 6&10 stand out for me, looking forward to seeing more of your work this year :)

Thanks Mate, i'm looking forward to taking the pics this season. Fingers crossed there might be a few other interesting events i can cover!