ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

230BHP Turbo conversion...whats the catch (besides the price)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah andy @ engine dynamics seems to be well respected although I've not had any dealings with him personally.

Now Sold :-(
I've been looking with some interest at the Engine Dynamics 230BHP conversion. My Clio is only ever going to be used on the road, as it's my daily, with the odd back road blast when taking the long way home.
I'm very interested to read the comments made by those with some real knowledge of forced induction F4R's. My own opinion is that 230-240 bhp with torque increase to match would make the clio an entertaining proposition on the road.
In terms of building a reliable engine that could be used daily with regular routine maintenance what do those in the know suggest should be changed/upgraded to make the ED kit tick all the boxes?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've been looking with some interest at the Engine Dynamics 230BHP conversion. My Clio is only ever going to be used on the road, as it's my daily, with the odd back road blast when taking the long way home.
I'm very interested to read the comments made by those with some real knowledge of forced induction F4R's. My own opinion is that 230-240 bhp with torque increase to match would make the clio an entertaining proposition on the road.
In terms of building a reliable engine that could be used daily with regular routine maintenance what do those in the know suggest should be changed/upgraded to make the ED kit tick all the boxes?

At that power level there shouldnt be any need to upgrade anything really.

Set of better valves would be a nice to have but if its run nice and rich on boost they really shouldnt be at risk anyway, mine ran far more power than that for ages till I got really greedy and bent the rods, but that would never happen at the power levels you are talking about.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
ive had this conversion done on my clio. could write an article i suppose, make it a sticky?

There is an articles section now, although not quite sure how it works im sure admin can fill you in, I submitted one but it didnt appear not sure if that means its not suitable or just not been dealt with yet as you dont seem to see any feedback.

Old thread, I know :LOL:, but at least, I've done the search. :)
The question I have is about the AEM FIC ECU and Custom file for OEM ECU . How does this work, and how do you install it and get it working, if you order the DIY kit.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Old thread, I know :LOL:, but at least, I've done the search. :)
The question I have is about the AEM FIC ECU and Custom file for OEM ECU . How does this work, and how do you install it and get it working, if you order the DIY kit.
Have a look in the guides section , in the first 3 pages there is a guide called 182 turbo install which is just the PDF that engine dynamics send you. It is pretty long and detailed. I saw it last night. From what I remember you have to send your Renault ECU to them for them to unlock it, they send it back within 48 hours. You then upload the map file they give you to your arm ECU . The car will still have the Renault ecu which will take care of everything apart from the engine and the arm ECU will run the engine. I could be completely wrong (usually am lol).

Have a look in the guides section , in the first 3 pages there is a guide called 182 turbo install which is just the PDF that engine dynamics send you. It is pretty long and detailed. I saw it last night. From what I remember you have to send your Renault ECU to them for them to unlock it, they send it back within 48 hours. You then upload the map file they give you to your arm ECU . The car will still have the Renault ecu which will take care of everything apart from the engine and the arm ECU will run the engine. I could be completely wrong (usually am lol).

Thanks, I'll read the guide later on when I have time. (y) (y)