ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 megane, problem after clutch been done. HELP!

225 meg
hi guys quick question, 225 megane has just been back from having the clutch replaced, now theres a new issue somewhere???
when in the parked position and you move the steering wheel either way theres a noise, sounds like a grinding or cluncking noise then when i start to drive away on the rotation of the wheel it sounds like a clicking noise

now this wasnt there before and the mechanic says the cv gator was missing so he replaced that and filled with grease but the noise hasnt gone away!

anyone have any idea what this could be or had any experince with something like this before

thanks paul :)

225 meg
i'm just hoping its an easy fix feel as tho i'm just throwing money at it getting it fixed all the time, gaz if its not raining in the morning come out and have a wee listen see if could source the problem :)

225 meg
so got the car onto a ramp last night to try and find the problem, turned out to be a pretty straight forward fix, one of the steering rack bolts was half a turn too loose and the restriction on the ground to the wheels being turned was causing it to move slightly causing the loud noises but thankfully it was an easy fix :)

225 meg
Good mate, you'll be glad.

haha you better believe it, thought after getting one thing fixed then another thing went, got it up on a ramp in my work and some of the mechanics had a look underneath at the running gear and stuff and everything looks good so happy at that :)

225 meg
its actually going good now that the clutch is done, forgot how fast the car could be after driving with a dodgy clutch for a while haha

but yeah danny being back on boost is a dream :race: hopefully next year if a can get the money put away then get some mods for her :)