ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118's and coilovers

Track 172, Focus RS
First real input on this forum so go easy on me. I have 2 questions, firstly, i have been quoted £477 for a set of 4 2118's, does anyone know where sells them cheaper or is this the general price for these?

Secondly, i am after a set of coilovers for track work. The car will only be driven to the track day so normal road behaviour does not matter as long as they are good on track. I no the ast's seem to be the favourite for track use but i can't bring my self to pay over 1k for a set, so thats my budget, 1k.

Thanks Oli

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Use the discount tab at the top on the blue bar. There is a link to Speedline, could try there for a price, also K-Tec Racing.

Keep an eye on for sale section and Ebay though.

C

clio-lord

im setting a post up now. all ready have people after the wheels

172 cup, Impreza P1
Speed line sell then for £477 so that's abouts as good as you'll get and demon tweeks sell kw v2's for around £1k.

I have both and they're ideal for the track.

Track 172, Focus RS
Sorted the 2118's and tyres, and ordered the spax rsx trackday kit earlier. Cant wait to get them on!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sorted the 2118's and tyres, and ordered the spax rsx trackday kit earlier. Cant wait to get them on!
Im looking at getting a coilover kit for my PH1, why did you go for the Spax kit?

Scott

Track 172, Focus RS
i wanted the bilsteins initially and then i started searching and found a few people not happy with them, so that idea went out the window. Then i spotted the spax track day kit with the damper and spring as one unit for the rears, which i feel would give me more adjustablility over the separate spring and damper types. That combined with the price made me choose the spax kit

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
i wanted the bilsteins initially and then i started searching and found a few people not happy with them, so that idea went out the window. Then i spotted the spax track day kit with the damper and spring as one unit for the rears, which i feel would give me more adjustablility over the separate spring and damper types. That combined with the price made me choose the spax kit

I got offered the AP kit for 450, my cars not used very much but i dont want to buy the cheap crap or do i need to spend a arm or a leg.
Ive been offered a s/hand set of H and R for 300, dont know what to do tbh

Scott

Track 172, Focus RS
Well i also wanted some brand new so if i had any problems, i would have a reciept and hopefully a bit of support from the person you buy it off. H&R are supposed to be ok arent they?

Yes woz but at least i will be able to compare with and without doing it this way!

Cant believe brim has booked the wrong day, i dont think he is doing this one now.

Good choice - I'd never buy bilsteins again.

Track 172, Focus RS
Good choice - I'd never buy bilsteins again.

It must be a specific car thing as they get top reviews with the evo's, and i dont think ive ever noticed anyone with spax on them. It may be a research and development issue, where bilstein choose to spend more time with other vehicles that they think they can make more moeny from!

W

WAR 23N

Cant believe brim has booked the wrong day, i dont think he is doing this one now.

I know he is a proper weapon!! He rang up the other day though an the guy said his car is going to be ready didnt he?