ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

210bhp 172

Developed, tested and ready to fit - a kit for the 172 that will give you a guaranteed 210bhp for around £1500+VAT, fitted. Its not throttle bodies and is in fact very discreet (no loud exhausts, etc.)...

One lucky Cup owner has had this kit fitted, and hopefully mines next in line in a months time.....I can hardly wait!!

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 03 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 03 February 2004

Will it give Roamer a run for his money ???
Dont worry, plans are already afoot for more N/A power outa the silver one :devilish:

Wen u gona take me out in ur car then ? u let my bro in there !!

an my clio will beat 1 day wen ig et it . lol !!!!

Glad to have generated some interest!

Hats off to Roamer for his awesome TB conversion which, I believe, has not been without its teething problems.

This kit offers an alternative, and stealthier, route to more power whilst retaining a factory feel - i.e. smooth idle, etc. I hope to have it fitted to my car in the next 4-6 weeks and then bring it along to the RenaultSport track day.

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 03 February 2004

JJ, you always do this, come on lad, just say whats been done - whats to hide?

(Oh and I get a nice idle btw)
Will take something incredible to beat the noise yours makes Romer especially at high revs.

I think Renault should have made TB an option after hearing your car.

How bad is the fuel economy with all that power if you dont mind me asking?

*LOL @ Roamer*

As Ive said, the kit is designed to be more discreet at a mere glance under the bonnet - always handy ;-)

Ill have more details very soon - patience is a virtue, or so they say (not that I have any as Im itching to get the kit fitted and need to save the necessary ££££s).

hehehehe fuel economy..... well.... I was gettin 27mpg today, and that was a mix of steady motorway driving and a few thrashes (oh and a erm......... *RUN* ;))

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If its "stealth" then probably cams and head work.

think were in LAD territory again... surely not able to gain 30+ bhp

Just tell us and and then we can all make more positive posts.

drop a turbo, G-charger or NOS on the 172 and you have 210 Bhp for 1500 quid....but still Im very interested what will be different than whats done to mine ?!?!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 03 February 2004

Would a 190ish hp Cup not be as fast as Roamers 172?
Not quite, but not so far off...

plus the fact that roamer has no interior no spare and has replaced the std seats with buckets so probably weighs the same if not less than a cup anyway ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

36kg per seat?

thats 54kg saved just fitting those alone.

plus all the other gubbins and the 212bhp...

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 04 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 03 February 2004

Would a 190ish hp Cup not be as fast as Roamers 172?
Not quite, but not so far off...

PMSL! Rich the guy has 212hp + and no interior.

The Cup driver is down 20 hp, and has no weight advantage. A wider set of wheels wont help the Cup driver.

hehe dunno how much the standards weigh really but you gotta thing they arnt small leather airbags explosives lots of pading and a huge steel frame

when he wakes up im sure he will tell us how much they weigh

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 February 2004

PMSL! Rich the guy has 212hp + and no interior.

The Cup driver is down 20 hp, and has no weight advantage. A wider set of wheels wont help the Cup driver.
Didnt realise he had stripped it bare!!! :eek:

LoL, hiya guys, well, Ive just unscientifically weighed one of my old seats (The calibrated scales I normally use are locked away in my mates house lol), and were lookin around 26kgs each for those.

Its stripped by another 46kgs (IIRC) including the back seats, parcel shelf, spare wheel and tool kit, then youve gotta look at all the bits that aint there under the bonnet any more.... thats roughly 12kgs replaced with approx half that.

Oh, and dogmaul, when I rang you yesterday the car actually had the spare wheel, toolkit, and fred in the car :eek::D extra extra weight that wouldve slowed me down lol

Yup, its now got a (Fingers crossed) non blowing non weld-splitting 4" slashcut, sounds really nice and does the job :)