ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205 GTi Project Thread - PIC HEAVY!

SG9 Forester STi
I know too many shows recently so rarely get a free weekend! Hoping to get it running this weekend though! :D SO excited!

rstuned 182ff bg
great work there vicky+ben

i'm toying with the idea of getting a 1.9 soon myself,
see what i can get for around 3-4k.

dont fit carbs onto it though vicky
get it back to the originality it once was.

marcus.

thats what i'll be after a totally 100%
standard. even the old clareion tape cassett.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Nope... all fairly standard. Had a go in an Mi16 engined one - was a blast - nut case-mobile... but I just prefer original on them if it's a road one.

SG9 Forester STi
The aim is to get it back to it's former glory - well almost!

I like the idea of keeping it standard however we do want to keep the car reliable/usable and fun so I guess it'll be OEM+ in the end.

Looking to upgrade the brakes and convert to carbs whilst keeping the exterior and interior as it came out of the factory.

We weren't able to start it last weekend due to 2 hoses being missing from one of the kits, just waiting on that and some dry weather and we can bolt it all back together :D.

SG9 Forester STi
That's the plan, sorry made it sound like it was all going to be swapped over.

Considering a rear disc conversion but not sure at this stage. When I drove it the brakes were diabolical.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
discs on the rear will not really improve braking. Drum brake spares are getting harder to come by now though so it might be a wise move. You have to completely remove the stub axles and hub though to swap. Not too difficult though.
A change of fluid, discs and pads should get the car stopping nicely. Worth checking the front calipers are working properly and are not siezed.

Kev

SG9 Forester STi
A recent stroke of luck has meant that Ben's work have offered us a spare ramp in the workshop. So as soon as it's up and running it's going to get a full once over and a good clean up :).

Cheers for the much appreciated advice though Kev, will have a look and see how braking feels after new pads, discs and fluids and if it's still pants then look at an upgrade. With a bit of luck we won't need to though!

05 Arctic 182FF
Just stumbled across this thread, don't get on here much as i haven't had a Clio in years! This was never a 'Rallycross' car, you were never told as such. 'Autocross' maybe. ;)

CMCautoXBAT.jpg

DSC00052-2.jpg

It was purely a toy but came to the end of it's life when the rear beam gave up & HG died on the original 180k engine. It was rebuilt from basically the shell up with alot of new or reconditioned parts in '09, basically just to remove the VRM that was on it, but also to be a simple, effective usable car, it was never going to be a show winning concourse car of course! But everything worked well, including the brakes, it had fast road/competition pads so they need a little heat before they start to work well. The dampers aren't top notch, but they're uprated Boge Gas items & not very old. The brake pedal may have a bit of travel now because the drums usually need periodic adjustment as the auto-adjusters never work, this will bring the pedal back up with a firmer feel. The shell has seen better days yes, but wasn't terrible in the great scheme of things. All of which you knew, nothing was a surprise, it was advertised honestly and sold at a fair price reflecting the shell's condition yet work & parts that had gone into it, by me, a long-time reknowned & reputable 205 enthusiast. Kev knows me well & as it happens, you guys should know of Mark Fish right? This car was driven by one of the Fish's before it was sold and praised massively! It was a fantastic neutral handling car, perhaps with a little rear-brake bias being pre-dominantly used off-road, but never failed to make me smile, it was only sold because i built better cars for the job since, but i still miss it! Sorry to hear about the HG though, i got the engine from an 80k Ph2 car and it seemingly always ran well as it did when i sold it, was it ever clear how it/what went?

Good luck with it! :)

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
Whoops, autocross then :p

Yes, Iain few more updates to go on - cleaned carpet, new interior oh and fire :S.

Lol will stick the pics up later today.