ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 MSA Tyre Lists

172 Cup
https://www.msauk.org/assets/2016tyrelists1abc.pdf

So the List 1A, 1B & (new for 2016) 1C lists are out, makes for interesting reading.

For me I'm going to have to wait for the Blue Book and local championship supplementary regs to be published, but I'm working on the basis that my roadgoing hillclimb class is going to stick to 1A/1B. I know some folks in my class who are going to be disappointed (they run Direzzas). Some of the decisions seem curious but I'm going to enjoy seeing the debate on Pistonheads, Uphill Racers and here!

I'm so glad I stuck to 1A tyres for this year!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Harewood regs only allow 1a in road going,
I have just got another set of new ad08's on the off chance, so well chuffed

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
My amazing Avon ZZR's get put into 1C :disrelieved:
Hopefully the MHC will allow them to used in our class, I know the championship organizer is eager to allow 1C's in a Road Going Class.

Rich

172 Cup
Hillclimb compound ZZRs were on my list for next year, but I'm doubting 1C tyres will be allowed down south! R888Rs it is then!

Ph 2 172 Track Car
R888 are a List 1B tyre so a no go for me.
I'm struggling myself as to what to go for for next year! Has to be something from 1A, but at least I've got till April to find something.
Any recommendations welcome!!:wink:

Clio 182
Have you ran or know anyone who's tried the new R888r? Wondering if they're an improvement over the old R888 or not?!

172 Cup
R888 are a List 1B tyre so a no go for me.
I'm struggling myself as to what to go for for next year! Has to be something from 1A, but at least I've got till April to find something.
Any recommendations welcome!!:wink:
You might be able to get hold of some old AD08s. I used Pilot Sport 3s this year.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
At Harewood Hill ad08's are 0.5 faster than PS3's in the dry, but in the wet PS3's have 2 seconds on the yoko's