ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 Clio Expression (1.2 16v). Problems with stalling and "lurchiness" in first gear.

Renault clio
hey guy,

Just purchased the car described in the title and i'm having the following problems: stalling far too easy, lurchiness when travelling in first/low speeds, inability to "get away" at junctions,occasional stalling when idle at junctions, and hesitation when accelerating.

A mechanic had a brief look at it and said he believed it to be running rich. I have changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter.Whilst this has improved matters the problem is far from solved. Through my google diagnosis it would seem there is a problem with air flow and most likely with the mass airflow sensor. I wonder if people could advise me as to where this is located in the Clio's engine bay?