ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 FCS Feedback

R27 191/500
i found it very amusing comparing the differences between the clio197 lot and my mates Citroen area, the clio 197 lot were decent just chatting and looking at cars and the citroen lot were imo very chavy, people showing off sound systems with bad music and revving there insanely loud exhausts. i didnt realise that there would be such a huge difference between clubs and members

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't make it this year, but in future I'd like to see some involvement from a Clio cup race team.
Demo laps or passenger rides of how it should be done perhaps?

This was my last FCS for various reasons

LIKED The track. It's a good track and good fun. People were very well behaved on the 3hr open pit session and it was fun. Although quite expensive compared to other track days.

DISLIKED
The place was empty - it was like a tesco car park. There was just a few people wandering around
The venue - same every year, loads of dust and wind, nowhere to put marquees up without them blowing around and damaging cars. The music was SHOCKING. I felt like cutting the cable to the speaker on the PA system
Nothing to do - the drift show was interesting for about 8 seconds watching stones get thrown up at everyones cars, but by 2pm people were already leaving in massive groups.

If they find a new venue for next year (should have been Donington this year TBH) I might go back - but if not I won't be going anymore :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I actually don't see the point in Cs attending anymore, cliosport Saturday each year would be better for us to attend each year instead of fcs, we choose when to begin, where the venue is and what goes on during the day. No mongs allowed

Clio 197
i really enjoyed it, my first FCS, however i didnt like getting up at 2am to get there for 7am!

Forum name badges would be pretty good (or is that too geeky!) I saw a few cars i recognised from the forum but unless the owner was sat in it you wouldnt know who they were to have a chat

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I think a bigger area and a lot more stalls to look at would be a good idea. I can fault anything about the day tbh, only that you have seen everything within an hour and a half.

Milltek'd clio 182
i personally thought it could have started abit later, hated them stones lol and a better choice of music playing as there was opera singing

Ollie's Silver Cup
I don't think the trade area was as good this year. (with the exception of the K-Tec and Pug1Off stands, which I thought quite a bit of effort had been put into).

The stand location wasn't ideal. I appreciate/understand that everyone can't be parked on the tarmac area, but I can't remember it being as dusty as last year.

Generally, I enjoyed the day; CS is/was the best part of it imo. :)

Clio v6
What don't you like?
Smokin tyres throwing up stones right beside our nice shiny cars!, dodgem cars, Silly bikes jumping about for some reason, noisy girls on loud speakers, trying to walk on rubble, boom boom speakers init, watered down ketchup.

What do you like?
Somewhere pleasant to sit indoors for a meal, protection from the elements, a bit of peace and quiet for at least 5 minutes.

What do you want in the future?
Something more tailored to just Clios and Renaults, anything without the chav factor.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've been speaking to Mark, FCS no longer set limits on what time people should get there. Its down to us in future.
So for future FCS's we will talk about an appropriate start time to suit everyone's needs. There may be other factors involved so this is not 100%

182 track, Mk7 ST
This was my first FCS, although certainly not my first car show, and as many have said needed more going on although saying that I was quite happy wandering around with mates and having a look round although was done pretty quickly!

I sadly didn't have my car there as it decided to pop it's cv boot off on saturday night after I got home from the RTOC National Day at Mallory Park and didn't have the grease or clip to repair it in time for the drive up early Sunday morning. Didn't really speak to anyone from CS I'm afraid but will hopefully be going CSS as looking to be a good event so hope to meet you all there and the car will be at a stage where I will be happy to show off anyway.

Track time wasn't too bad but as others have said if you wanted to take pics/vids there was nowhere that you could do so, a bit of a downer for many of the keen photographers that attend car shows.

Spent the afternoon wandering around with a few mates and Vickyx her other half Ben and managed to get lucky as the weather started to turn by finding a 'private suite' which had quite nicely been left open, nice and warm, dust and wind free and with seats overlooking the pit straight, couldn't complain at that at all. Stewards kept walking past while we froze, most thought it was hilarious and left us to it until one tapped on the window, asked how we got in and told us to wait there so he could have a 'chat' with us...Erm don't think so mate so we all legged it and sat out the front lol :p

The rolling road setup IMO was awful, the fan was smaller than a bloody household fan you use to cool down your living room, let alone feed air to a high revving engine whilst on the rollers, no way would I have taken my car on it if I had it with me!

The tradestands were awful compared to other shows and so was the entertainment throughout the day, Trax is a good show to use as a comparison as there isn't time to get bored with so many things happening all if the time.

Despite all this like I said I still had a good day, just bloody tired, but at the end of the day it is what you want to make it, even if you do have to walk round 2 or 3 times lol!

Oh and cliosport had the best stand by far, quality of cars on display and the overall setup, hopefully next year will be even better wherever it is located :)

Fiesta STripes
My first FCS in 6 years - my last was 2005 with Saxperience - when that was a close knit site.

I was not on CS stand, but I too echo a lot of what was said on here.

TBH, there was NOTHING good about FCS this year - purely meeting old/new people.

Trade area was awful, music was shocking, the number of non french cars there made me think that it was Trax in the making, or a botched atttempt at German Car Show and Japanese Car Show.

And the cost of entering. I wouldn't even pay £10 entry fee. The "entertainment" was total crap. Drifting, well yes, interesting for the first 30 seconds, then yawn. This was obviously a money making effort - could be compared to Lapland new Forest - that's how dismally boring it was!!!!

Top 25 Show and Shine, someone else (won't say who) hit the nail on the head with what they said.

As for the club display areas, well, fortunately I was in the trade area with the clio197.net/twingo133.net/meganesport.net lot, so surface was good, your area, I did feel for you!

Start time ridiculous, had walked round and seen everything by 8am! But you've said that's being sorted :)

New venue please!

Agree with most in that the venue is not good. It is a good track to drive I believe but the car park was not good. If the weather was bad there was nowhere to shelter except in the stand and away from the rest of the show. I actually enjoyed the drifting but every half hour? Didn't hang around to see any of the bike stunts. Would have been good to have other activities as well. Liked the whole club thing although the 11.00 meet the admin and other members was a bit of a let down. Looking forward to CSS and see how that goes.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My first FCS in 6 years - my last was 2005 with Saxperience - when that was a close knit site.

I was not on CS stand, but I too echo a lot of what was said on here.

TBH, there was NOTHING good about FCS this year - purely meeting old/new people.

Trade area was awful, music was shocking, the number of non french cars there made me think that it was Trax in the making, or a botched atttempt at German Car Show and Japanese Car Show.

And the cost of entering. I wouldn't even pay £10 entry fee. The "entertainment" was total crap. Drifting, well yes, interesting for the first 30 seconds, then yawn. This was obviously a money making effort - could be compared to Lapland new Forest - that's how dismally boring it was!!!!

Top 25 Show and Shine, someone else (won't say who) hit the nail on the head with what they said.

As for the club display areas, well, fortunately I was in the trade area with the clio197.net/twingo133.net/meganesport.net lot, so surface was good, your area, I did feel for you!

Start time ridiculous, had walked round and seen everything by 8am! But you've said that's being sorted :)

New venue please!

Wow. Didn't enjoy it then

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
My 3rd FCS and I was left again feeling like the show needed something more. I found I had seen everything by half 8. Need abit more to look at and see to be honest, as I spent most the day wandering about with my mates looking at pretty much the same show as last year. My main issue with the show is the venue. I spent hours cleanings and making the Clio look tidy only to arrive in a stone covered car park yet again that covered my car in dirt and dust. Really not a good places for a car show if im honest. The wind didn't help but every year ive attended ive had the same issue. Cliosport was very well run again, nicely parked and plenty of room, parade lap was fun but felt abit left out in my 1.2!
Overall was a enjoyable day, but a change in venue would be great along with more stands and entertainment. Oh and sort out the bloody music!!

Bus w**ker
TBH I would only go to FCS again if:

The location changed (to somewhere closer to me - Donnington) as Rockingham sucks as both a show ground and a track.
It was more orientated towards car enthusiasts than chavs.
No annoying bint on PA/s**te music (if it's the same one as last year f**k knows what Mark was thinking).
Reduced ticket price.
MUCH better track time safety and marshalling (although I blame Rockingham staff for that).
Reduced food/drink costs and more variety.
More professional showgirls in skimpy clothing.
Less fat chav munters that think they're models in far too little clothing.

There's other things I could comment on, but the people involved would cry/sue.

Bus w**ker
LOL I can't afford a court case. I'm sure if you dig/ask around you'll be able to find out what it's about.

I'll now await bitchy PMs/emails from the (many) possible suspects. ;)

Bus w**ker
LOL Not being shy, just know what the c***s like and I like being moderately wealthy. ;)
;)
If I can make it to CSS come find me then and I may slip up and tell by accident ;).
;)

Sy ;)

DID LIKE

the drive down
decent cup of tea when we got there
track time

DIDNT LIKE

annoying chav slapper on microphone
questionable music choice on loud speaker
dust, wind (i know this cant be helped but it did seem to p**s a lot of people off)
car park area
dissapointed in top 25 showcars
dissapointed with flux chill out zone

LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE

canopy/tented area which is seated
xbox/ps3 setup with mini tournaments?? i.e forza/gran turismo
more interaction from cliosport organizers i.e info on future events and plans
competitions for cliosport members on the stand i.e trophy/prize for, cleanest, most original or the chaviest clio on show
bang tidy birds, not that slop that was dragging itself across the showground on sunday

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sounds like you need Cliosport Saturday. Despite this thread being about the FCS as a whole.

LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE

more interaction from cliosport organizers i.e info on future events and plans
competitions for cliosport members on the stand i.e trophy/prize for, cleanest, most original or the chaviest clio on show

Did you come and talk to use about events and plans? Or just thought it would be better to moan when you got home that nobody spoke to you about things?

We're having awards at ClioSport Saturday. Seemed silly to do it twice within a short space of time.

i really enjoyed it, my first FCS, however i didnt like getting up at 2am to get there for 7am!

Forum name badges would be pretty good (or is that too geeky!) I saw a few cars i recognised from the forum but unless the owner was sat in it you wouldnt know who they were to have a chat

ha ha name badges pete,,, yes my name is alfred ,37yr old virgin from scunthorpe

Did you come and talk to use about events and plans? Or just thought it would be better to moan when you got home that nobody spoke to you about things?

We're having awards at ClioSport Saturday. Seemed silly to do it twice within a short space of time.

ahhh so we have to approach you in your little tent???? too much to ask for you to walk around a bit??? i wouldnt describe my comment as moaning, which from a admin member i feel is quite rude,, the whole idea of this thread as asked, is to say what we liked , did not and what we would like to see in the future,, if you find such comments from people like me as mearly moaning, then maybe feedback threads like this shouldnt be started

ahhh so we have to approach you in your little tent???? too much to ask for you to walk around a bit??? i wouldnt describe my comment as moaning, which from a admin member i feel is quite rude,, the whole idea of this thread as asked, is to say what we liked , did not and what we would like to see in the future,, if you find such comments from people like me as mearly moaning, then maybe feedback threads like this shouldnt be started

Okay, so how do I know who you are? The second someone gets out of their car, they are indistinguishable. You could be a 106 owner, a trade stand guy gone for a walk or a general member of the public. So should I approach every person and tell them the clubs plans?

If you want info on the club, the tepee would be a sensible place to come.

I might write to McDonalds and complain that nobody took my order today. I was sat at work for the whole of my lunchbreak. Can't believe they didn't come and find me.

Okay, so how do I know who you are? The second someone gets out of their car, they are indistinguishable. You could be a 106 owner, a trade stand guy gone for a walk or a general member of the public. So should I approach every person and tell them the clubs plans?

If you want info on the club, the tepee would be a sensible place to come.

I might write to McDonalds and complain that nobody took my order today. I was sat at work for the whole of my lunchbreak. Can't believe they didn't come and find me.

106 ???? trade stand?? mcdonalds???, what seems so unreasonable of a cliosport admin member making him/herself known, by spending a few minutes outside of your little teepe walking the boards around the cliosport club stand. do you know how unapproachable somebody sitting behind a desk is as opposed to sombody activley mixing with the crowd, to be honest you replys are unwarrented and not wanted and its looking like your either having a bad day, or its been a while since you had your end away,, good day to you sir

Good idea. For next year I'll get a sandwich board, a bell and a microphone. Then I'll be able to talk to everyone. At the same time.

Don't blame me when the other clubs copy our ideas though.

The problem is that we'd happily talk to more people and I said hello to hundreds of people. Some said it back, some just grunted, others looked at me like I'd just smeared poo on my face. I think it was two people out of hundreds who came in and said 'Hi.. I'm <name>' that's it.

You know who the admin are (roughly, as it's the guys in the tent who are doing things) and you know where we are.

I have absolutely zero idea what you look like. You could be a 6ft chap from South Africa or you could be a 5ft woman from Scotland. I have no idea. If I don't see you get out of a Clio on our stand, I don't know that you're a member.

We'll be having the awards/games at CSS so unless they're incredibly unpopular they'll be there again next year and hopefully you'll be able to attend.

Nothing at the mo :(
Good idea. For next year I'll get a sandwich board, a bell and a microphone. Then I'll be able to talk to everyone. At the same time.

Don't blame me when the other clubs copy our ideas though.

As long as its got the prices of the sandwiches still left on it then WIN WIN

dissapointed in these administrators, this was your idea tom and you reply with sarcasam, maybe i will make cliosport saturady and me you and revels can have a chat

Dude i think you need to pipe down a bit, the Admins do alot to make FCS a good day for everyone on the ClioSport Stand. Its not easy organising a parade lap or making sure everything fits in as CS is the largest group there * i think * If you wanted to talk to someone so bad then make yourself known.. Ive never met anyone from Admin at FCS in the last 3 times i've been there.. But as ive walked passed the tents its easy to spot who are the admins/mods