ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2008 mk3 H.I.D HELP!!

Rs200
Well I'm back.. Haven't used the site properly for a while but I need your help. As the title says I have an 08 dynamique s. Looking at hid kits on fleabay and there are kits for as little as 35 pound. Or canbus certified kits for 60. Now being a newer car I can only assume I would need the canbus friendly kit but can somebody confirm this? Because without sounding like a cheapskate I wouldn't mind giving a 30 quid set a go as they are still under a years warranty. Thanks guys

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You'll most likely need the CAN units because the UPC will detect the additional pull.

Never done it though

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
This^ Oh and if you haven't already got projector lenses, please buy some so we don't get blinded by HIDs in reflector headlamps.

2007 clio dynamique
I used one of the cheaper hid kits in my mk3 and it worked perfectly for around a year , I then sold the car so cannot comment after that , no bulb warnings etc , the only thing I will say is they were abit blue in colour for my liking they were 6000k but looked more like 8000k tbh

Suzuki Jimny
There's a thread on here somewhere where someone's car went up in flames after fitting a cheap set of HID's.