ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Clio Dynamique 1.4S - Dipped Beam

2000 clio sport 172
Morning All,
I see there are a few posts on this but some of them are conflicting. My details for a light issue as follows;
- Nearside dipped headlight will not work (all other lights work perfectly and with automatic headlights)
- Changed bulb TWICE to rule out bulb to no avail
- Checked all fuses to the left of the steering wheel inside the car and all are ok
- Checked all fuses to the right of the battery under the bonnet and all are ok
- Checked all fuses in front of the battery under the bonnet and all are ok
- Tried looking for the infamous 'loose' relay in the passenger foot-well and could not see anything hanging loose.
- I have not tested the light bulb connection yet... all wiring around that area seems to be spot on with no rips or tears and no sign of water damage.
- Lastly - This might not be 100% correct but I seem to remember the bulb working temperamentally for around 1 month and now doesn't

Can anyone advise what I do next as this is he only thing stopping the car from being MOT'd and I don't fancy spending 1-2 hours labor just for this....

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Colin

BG Clio 182
I'm not too sure, but is there a wire going to the bulb a connector? There is on the sports. Try the other side see if this has one. It's probably the wiring or the connector by the sounds of it.

2000 clio sport 172
Hi there;
Thanks for the input! I will check this out.
I will check the other side but this one in particular only has a wire(s) going to the connector. The bulb then slides into the connector with one contact...

2000 clio sport 172
Hello - I am yet to test the connector but it looks 100% normal and free of any defects. It actually looks brand new. Wiring all looks spot on but because of the lack of space in there, I'll have to do some further investigation this week. Thanks for your advice.