ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 Volkswagen Golf Gti advice please!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What time you going to view? They start about 5.5k on that mileage on autotrader but tend to be 6 with good options so it sound's fair. It's hard for everyone to comment. Telling us mileage and options is one thing but it's all about condition.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As Tom said mate, without pictures its hard to judge!

I actually bought that Ed30 on condition/history as i always do! Mileage for me is a moot point?

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
I sold my 05 plate with full S/H lots of options and 76K back in feb for £5800. I paid £5900 for it a year earlier...
i'd try to get a ££ off if i were you mate

Problem is, and ill be honest! I rarely have the time to tinker and tool about with a car due to my hours of work on a night and during the day! I would rather be able to buy a car thats ready to go, doing everything I need it to without having to faff around! And having two cars would be great but we simply dont have space at my house for that 😧

Sounds like leasing is right up your ally..

You could get something brand spanking new, no hasstle for less than £200 per month.

Mk5 Golf Gti
What was the outcome @Joe Hryszko

After viewing the car, the Outcome was a deposit on the car to be picked up next week... It was honestly, immaculate.
I genuinely couldnt pick up on any faults, if im being really picky one of the alloys was slightly curbed! Full service history, belts changed, all the optional extras, the interior looked literally brand new! I agreed to pay £6400... but he is getting it serviced, valeted and 2 new tyres put on it before i collect it! :)

Mk5 Golf Gti
£6500 for a 10 year old golf? I know there a good all rounder, but I couldnt.

Mini Cooper S?

Perfect for what I wanted mate, I know it sounds steep but... having a look on Autotrader/Pistonheads there are none on the market with this spec for that kinda price, and even with a couple of years in my ownership im fairly confident ill get a good price back for it! I did look at a Cooper S, even a Cooper S Works but I dont know, always wanted a gti and this one popped up literally round the corner!

Mk5 Golf Gti
Problem with leasing/financing a car is that in both my jobs im self-employed and it would be much harder for me to be granted it without the ability to prove what im earning etc, didnt want that going on my credit history :(

Great cars, I've had two of them! Certainly no slower than a 182, Id say marginly quicker.

This was my last one. Slightly worse on fuel than the clio but a better car in every respect.

9374070945_3f33eabd7a_c.jpg
IMG_5878 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Mk5 Golf Gti
Great cars, I've had two of them! Certainly no slower than a 182, Id say marginly quicker.

This was my last one. Slightly worse on fuel than the clio but a better car in every respect.

9374070945_3f33eabd7a_c.jpg
IMG_5878 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Oh my god! I almost bought this exact car, the guy was based in Nottingham, not sure if that was the guy you sold it to?
I have to admit, it did feel marginally quicker than the Clio when i took it out, cant wait I pick it up tomorrow!! :D

Mk5 Golf Gti
Ha! Yeah sold it to a guy from around there!! Was a cracker but didn't have any options (apart from the colour coded bumpers and Ed30 wheels).
Thats the one, I was going to go and view it but he sold it before I could do so! Looked lovely, however I think im happier with the one I am getting... Leather and sat nav, going to colour code the bumpers too!

Yeah I was going to upgrade to the RNS head unit but there were compatibility issues which resulted in it needing adapters etc so didn't bother. Was a nice car though.

How much did he have it up for by the way? Think I sold it for £6,500 in Nov 2013.

Mk5 Golf Gti
He had it advertised for £6000, but had a guy view it and point out the arches were bubbling and the rear caliper was sticking and i think took £5500 for it in the end! :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Very odd the rears were bubbling. A repair at some point, maybe.

Good news ref the new car, bet you can't wait.

Mk5 Golf Gti
I had the rear calipers replaced as they were sticking so that supprising and I had no bubbling when I sold it!! 😧
Apparantly, someone went to look at it and pointed that out to him so he knocked the price down! :( In his advert said the arches were bubbling! Oh well, its been sold again mate!

They look like 17s mate. Either that or they have been refurbished non-diamond cut?

Also make sure you change the Diverter Valve as it likely to be split and leaking booooost. Only about £50 from VW. You need a new one for the mk6.

Mk5 Golf Gti
Sorry mate yeah Ive just realised I wrote 18inch in the first post, they are the 17's!
I believe the Diverter valve has actually been changed fairly recently, but ill have a look and if not get it done! Thank you :)
A remap may be on the cards, we will see...