ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 clio dynamique Electrical issue

2003 Clio Dynamique
Hi,

I have an intermittent electrical issue, the wipers, locks, remote locking, headlights and indicators are not working all of the time, also car won't start if she hasn't been started in a hour or so without turning on the indicators and either waiting or repeatedly turning the key until the indicators engage at which point she start 9/10 times. occasional chattering/clicking relay on passenger side when the indicators or windows are having issues....have checked all the fuses, haven't checked the relays or UCH yet (can't find a diagram for my model online so waiting for a used Haynes guide i ordered for £3).

It could be the UCH but i think it might be a faulty connection with a relay or into the UCH as if i go over a speed bump she will have the issue for a little while (and if she was having the issue already it will stop for a little while).

After driving for a few miles, the issue will stop altogether (unless as mentioned, i go over a bump or there is a bad pot hole which can't be avoided).

Any help/advice would be great

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
UCH will be buggered mate. Easiest thing is to find a car of the same age and buy the ECU and UCH from it and swap em over. It's cheaper than getting your UCH fixed most of the time