ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Renault clio 1.2 16v headlights

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
First of all, hey all! i'm new to the forum, i've just recently bought my Renault clio 1.2 16v a few days ago (I'm still learning to drive)

So, i noticed when i turn my side lights on, the drivers side doesn't work, i have just replaced the bulb with a new one, and it worked.... but now it seems i have to hit the light for it to turn on. is something shorting out? also they are not very bright, i'm not sure if it's because the headlights have the rubbish on it and they need cleaning on the inside/outside or it's something els? i'll be taking them off friday after work to give them a good clean.

Also, when i bought the car the passenger window doesn't work, would i have to replace the whole thing? or can i just replace the motor on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
The Side light will probably be a loose wire. Headlight usually get hazy over time, you can get restoration kits to polish them back to clear.

The window will most likely be a snapped cable in the regulator, motor or possibly fuse. Does it make a noise but not move?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
The Side light will probably be a loose wire. Headlight usually get hazy over time, you can get restoration kits to polish them back to clear.

The window will most likely be a snapped cable in the regulator, motor or possibly fuse. Does it make a noise but not move?

Hi, no it doesn't make a noise at all, it's completely dead.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Check all your fuses on the passenger side. Open the passenger door and they are where the door was covering the dash. If all good I'd whip the door card off and get a multimeter on the motor connector, if it's got power it will be a dead motor. Also worth checking the steel cables around the motor as they can fray and jam

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Check all your fuses on the passenger side. Open the passenger door and they are where the door was covering the dash. If all good I'd whip the door card off and get a multimeter on the motor connector, if it's got power it will be a dead motor. Also worth checking the steel cables around the motor as they can fray and jam

Alright thanks. i'll check it after work if it isn't raining, if it's a dead motor i'll have to do that friday after work :(

Thanks!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I also have another question... i felt my carpet footwells and they seem to be damp? Do clios have the same problem as corsas where they leak? or what could cause for my footwells to be damp?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Tbh you can get the whole regulator and motor from eBay for about £20 if you don't want to faff. A new cable is £10 and it's a c*nt of a job!

The damp footwells will most likely be blocked scuttle drains either side of your wipers.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks. I've just tried changing the fuse, i took the window fuse out... but the window still works? not sure how haha. now when i use the drivers side, i hear a "click" sound coming from the left of the car